PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Artsy Fartsy

*I wrote this post at the end of July, but was waiting to post it until I took some pictures. Well, I finally got my rear in gear and did it today.*

We have had quite a busy summer so far.  On the days we are home, the kids love to swim in the backyard.  Makele is always looking for a craft project to do, so I found one on youtube HERE that I thought she might like.  I changed it a little  by drawing a girl instead of the man under the umbrella.  Makele painted the canvas black, helped hot glue the crayons to the canvas, and melted them with a blow dryer.IMG_0585 Makele loves activity days and she has such awesome coordinators.  This month they did flower arranging.  A couple in our ward own a flower shop, so she brought some flowers and showed the girls how to arrange them.  I was very impressed with the result (and Aiden had to be in the picture too). 

IMG_0572  

I decided to finally pull out the tie-dye kit that I’ve had for a couple of years and do it.  I made the mistake of giving the kids the gloves instead of using them myself; my hands were a rainbow of color by the time we were finished!  Jack is going to be horrified when he realizes I posted this picture of him without his shirt {gasp}!  For some reason he doesn’t have a problem with it when he’s wearing a swimsuit, but if he is in regular everyday shorts (especially these ones that are about 10 sizes too small), then it is highly embarrassing! ;)IMG_0583 IMG_0584   The end results:

IMG_0711 IMG_0712

This is the picture I was waiting for - you would have thought I asked her to move a mountain the way she complained about putting on this shirt for a picture today.  But she finally did it.  We were going for a heart, but it didn’t turn out exactly as planned.  The back looks better than the front I think.

IMG_0876IMG_0878

Signature

2 comments:

Taryn said...

What a fun mama! Those tie-dye shirts actually look good. I've never had much success. And I LOVE Aiden's hair. Now I won't start sweating when I look at him ;)

Tia said...

What a fun mom you are Brenda! To bad I couldn't get motivated to do any fun crafts with Chloe this year she would have loved it.