PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Last week we traveled to Flowell to spend Thanksgiving with my parents and brothers and sisters and their families. It was quite a house full and never a dull moment. Makele and Jack loved playing with their cousins.

Brian brought down his smoker and smoked a turkey in it, so we had two turkeys. You can never have too much turkey! Shawna, Dad, Brian and Landon helping with the meal - Taryn poking her head in to make it look like she was helping too.
Makele and Jack doing the wishbone - Jack got the bigger part. What was his wish? That he could play football with his Daddy!
Makele, Dawson, Dakoda, Kylie and Tanner waiting patiently to dig in!
Taryn, Jeremy, Jack, Landon, Tia & Chloe - what would Thanksgiving be without Mt. Dew, right, Landon?
Shawna, Brian, Layne, Brinlynn, Shan and Jeff.
We usually go get Christmas trees the Friday after Thanksgiving, but Brian had to get back that night, so we went Thursday morning so he could take mine and Taryn's back. Jack was pretty excited about the whole thing (I cannot get him to be serious in a picture to save me):

We found the perfect tree:Jack with his walking stick:
Saturday afternoon the kids decorated Christmas cookies. Look at all of them covered in flour up to their elbows!

All the cousins (minus Dawson, Dakoda and Brinlynn) in front of Grandma's Christmas tree after church on Sunday. Chloe, Makele, Tanner, Dustin, Kylie and Jack.
Finally a picture with him smiling! Of course, I had to do a little tickling to get it!
I cannot believe Christmas is 3 weeks from today! Where has the time gone? I have done zero Christmas shopping and the tree has yet to be decorated. Jeff put up some lights yesterday, but that's all we've done to prepare for Christmas. I'm starting to panic just a little bit!

No comments: