PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holly Jolly Christmas

For some reason "Holly Jolly Christmas" is Jack's favorite Christmas song - it's on a CD we have and he loves to listen to it over and over. After we dropped Makele off at school this morning and as we were driving home he said, "I want to listen to Holly Jolly Christmas." I told him I couldn't make it come on because the CD was at home and we were listening to the radio. He tells me, "oh, well it will be coming on next." I told him maybe, hoping he wouldn't be too disappointed when it didn't come on. The next song begins, and I wasn't really paying attention when he said, "see I told you!" What do you know? Holly Jolly Christmas was playing! I have a fortune teller on my hands.

I finally have a new phone after losing mine over Thanksgiving weekend. Good thing my contract was up, and I was eligible for a new phone anyway. Jeff got me one for my birthday - with a little upgrade! He also got me a photo printer that will operate wirelessly so I don't have to plug my laptop in every time I want to print something. Taryn and Shawna took me out to lunch - it was so nice to have a day out with just the girls - even if Makele and Jack were trying to crawl out of the booth while we were waiting for our food to arrive! Nothing's perfect, right?

I haven't posted this clock yet, but I made it a couple of months ago for my secret sister, Heidi, at the Rusty Pickle retreat. I got the clock mechanism at Michaels and just followed the directions to put it in.
I used a page from Rusty Pickle's chipboard flower album for the base, then decorated it with RP's White Chocolate Bunnies line, Photomount Chipboard and Bling. I also used American Crafts Thickers for the numbers and Making Memories paint and glitter chipboard flower.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Brenda, you are so creative!

Heidi E. said...

I love it too... Its looks PERFECT in my scraproom.. thanks again so much...

As for the textures. I actually just did a google search for old letter and music sheet and used the image.. I can send you the steps if you want..

Free Spirit said...

That story about Jack is just so cute. It made his day. The clock is adorable too.

Taryn said...

I'm beginning to see a pattern here. You want something new so you conveniently lose the old thing. Remember the camera. Maybe you should try losing your laptop.