PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Monday, October 4, 2010

Makele's Field Trip

Friday I went along on Makele's class field trip as a chaperone to Black Island Farms (the same place Jack's class went last year on one of their field trips). It was sooooo hot, especially for October! Makele had so much fun and would have loved to stay there all afternoon.

All of her classmates, teacher and chaperones:
When we got there we took a "hay ride" out to the pumpkin patch.
Each of the children got to pick out a pumpkin to take back to school where they will decorate it.
After the hay ride we ate lunch then watched the piglet races. We also walked through the kiddie corn maze (the one of the far left in the picture below). It has been a long time since I have been in a corn maze, and the ones I've been through were all of the short sweet corn variety. This one was made up of tall stalks of field corn densely packed. You seriously could get lost in there! And that was just the kiddie maze - I can't imagine the huge one that they have (which incidentally is the largest cornfield maze in Utah).
2010 Maize design

After the maze, the children played in the huge "courtyard" which is full of slides, an inflatable bounce house, cow train and tire swings.
They also have a small petting zoo with Llamas, donkeys, goats and calves. I'm glad I had the opportunity to go. Thanks, Taryn, for watching Aiden so I could!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Brenda, love your blog!! Looks awesome!! I checked out those classes...digital....ummmm! Just might! Love the pics, the kids are just toooo cute!! The haircut was adorable!! Dusty cries too. Take care and thanks agin for stopping by. Dawn