Last weekend we went down to Flowell to visit my parents. We haven’t been down for a while, so it was nice to go and let the kids run wild with their cousins for a few days. Taryn’s family was there and Shawna and Kylie came down on Sunday afternoon. Landon dropped Chloe off on Friday on his way to Spanish Fork for a baseball tournament with Tanner. Makele was so excited to see her and get to play with her.
On Saturday we took a little trip out to Slobber Rock. Taryn and Jeremy have a tradition of hiding a little time capsule there every once and a while. This time it wasn’t there – sad! Here is Taryn scouring the desert landscape looking for it: ;)
The kids loved looking for treasures which included rocks, bones and shotgun shells – that’s right shot.gun.shells. One of the many perks of living in the country. I remember collecting them when I was little and thinking they were the greatest things ever.
Slobber:
Little cutie pie who may or may not slobber:
We even saw a couple of lizards:
We loved spending time outside – the weather was perfect!
Jack wanted so badly to climb the ladder to the tree house, but he was terrified. He would get about halfway up, and then come down. Finally, Jeremy went behind him to help. At the same half-way spot, he started freaking. Jeremy lifted him up and carried him the rest of the way, screams and all! He was fine once he got there though and was glad that Jeremy did that. On the way down, Jeff was helping him when he got scared again. Taryn heard Jack say, “just a minute, Dad, I’m going to say a little prayer.” It must have worked because he got down safely! ;)
Because you are never too old to jump on the trampoline (at least he had the decency to take his boots off). Layne really wanted me to come “crack the egg” but I didn’t want to hurt him with my mad trampoline jumping skills, so I declined.
LeBron reappeared again (the kid might have an unhealthy fascination):
On Monday we went to the canyon for a picnic. Of course the kids had to climb the big rock at Copley’s:
Layne brought his horses (and mule!) for the kids to ride. Makele was brave and did it, but Jack and Aiden were not interested.
Since this was the place where Jeff and I got our engagement pictures taken, we decided to take a little family picture just for fun.
Amazing what can change in 12 years, right? (Not the least of which is our waist lines) ;)
We are so lucky to have such a close family that we can get together and have fun with. It was a great weekend!











1 comment:
Looks like fun. Chloe had such a fun time I had better not see this to let her see what she missed out on Monday because all she kept saying was I wish I could have stayed until Monday.
Post a Comment