PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I won!

I won a Kodak Easy Share Printer! I entered this layout in a contest at my favorite scrapbook website, A Million Memories. The only rules were that I had to use one of their monthly or limited edition kits.


Journaling reads:
It had been a hectic and somewhat stressful week of packing and getting ready to move. One late afternoon I needed to get out of the house and give Jack some attention. I decided to take him on a little walk over to see the horses in a nearby pasture. As we were walking, he would talk about different things he saw like a bird, a car, and a plane. I pointed out to him a helicopter and a little robin sitting on a fence rail. We watched the horses for a little while, then turned to go back home. As we were walking past a yard full of yellow dandelions, I thought, “what a nuisance” (my own yard was full of them). At about the same time, Jack pointed to them and said excitedly, “Flower!” My heart melted as he asked to hold it. I bent down and plucked it from the grass and put it into his little outstretched hands. A delighted smile spread across his face as he looked at the blossom.
At that moment I remembered summers when I picked the white flowers from morning glory, the little sweet-smelling purple flower “weeds,” and yellow dandelions to give to my mother. In my childish mind I thought those were the prettiest flowers I’d ever seen. It wasn’t until many years later that I discovered they were only weeds to most people.
When we returned home, we spent some time in the yard picking more dandelions and making a little bouquet to display inside.
Jack reminded me to see the beauty in what others may call weeds. He lifted my spirit that day and reminded me what it is like to see the world through the eyes of a child.

It totally made my day yesterday when I found out I won. I made this layout in the midst of boxes piled high and work needing to be done. I just needed to take some time out from it all and do something creative before I went insane! I guess it paid off!

As many of you know, one of Jeff’s first priorities when we moved into this house was getting satellite T.V. In fact, he had them out here the day we moved in installing it! In honor of his love, a.k.a. obsession, with T.V., I made this little sign to sit on top of the T.V. So far, he hasn’t paid it much heed. I bought the little wood sign at Michaels, painted it green, and applied vinyl letters I cut using my cricut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda,
Did you mention who your Dad was?
You know,the one who trained you !!
HA!Ha!He!He!
Love,
Dad