PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Jeff gets a little scare

So you all know how important getting satellite T.V. was to Jeff when we moved into our new house. He had them out here installing it the same day we moved in! Anyway, they put both satellite boxes in our bedroom on the main level. One box is hooked to the t.v. downstairs and the other is hooked to the t.v. in our bedroom. Somehow you can still operate the remote for the t.v. downstairs even though the box is located upstairs.
I had to give a little background so you'd understand the next part of my story. On Sunday night, Jeff was up late watching the end of the Golden State/Maverick's game. I was doing something on the computer and decided to go to bed before he did. When I entered our bedroom, I was annoyed to see the game on our t.v. as well. I can't escape the blasted sport no matter where I go! I went over to turn it off when a brilliant idea came to me. There sitting in the t.v. cabinet was the control over the t.v. downstairs. Oh, I really shouldn't, I thought, what the heck, might as well. So I reached down and turned off the satellite feed to the t.v. downstairs. I wait to see if there's any reaction from downstairs. Pretty soon the light turns back on indicating that Jeff had found the remote and turned it back on. I turn it off again, he turns it back on. I start switching the channels, then turn it off. This time it stays off and in about 20 seconds, Jeff's in the room with a wild look in his eye. I asked him what the matter was, he shrugged it off and said, "nothing." Then I mentioned that I thought I heard some banging going on downstairs. He looks a little uneasy and tells me, "the weirdest thing happened. I was just sitting there watching t.v., when the satellite power went off. I looked at the remote sitting all by itself on the couch, so I knew I couldn't have turned it off. I grabbed the remote and turned it back on, but it went out again. I didn't touch a button! So I turn it back on and the channels start changing!"

By this time I'm giggling and he says (a little exasperated), "you think I'm making this up, don't you!" I really tried to keep a straight face and say, wow that's weird, but I just couldn't. I broke out laughing and told him what I had done. He thought the house was haunted and came running upstairs like a bat out of hell! That's one way to end the ever running basketball games in this house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is "another way",or "two"!
Call me,I probably should not put it in writing,so I can't be blamed
Love,
Dad

darling said...

LOL I dont think I would have been able to keep a straight face either :)