Tomorrow's the big day - Jeff and I are headed to the Caribbean. Right in time to since the weather is supposed to be horrible and cold here!
Here's some projects I've been working on for Rusty Pickle. The first one is a set of birthday cards using the Candyland Line and Happy Birthday Rubons. I also used Rusty Pickle's new glitter, bling and seed beeds that come all together in a jar.


For this one, I painted the scalloped chipboard black and allowed it to dry. I then coated it with diamond glaze and poured silver glitter over the top. I poured the excess back into the jar. To set the glitter so it wouldn't fly away on the card, I sprayed it with hair spray.

For the scalloped chipboard on this card, after painting it black, I applied glue dots to the center of each scallop. I then poured seed beads over the top, allowing them to stick to each glue dot.

Last weekend the kids and I went to visit my parents. All my brothers and sisters were there with their kids - it was a pretty crazy household! My dad has grown some pumpkins in his garden and let all the grandkids pick one to take home. Here's my layout I did with the pictures from that day. This layout is based on a sketch for the Rusty Pickle blog challenge next month - look for it then!


Journaling: Grateful for this time of year when I get to see the excitement on your faces as you hunt for pumpkins in Grandpa’s pumpkin patch, see the leaves changing colors and pick out your costumes for Halloween. Pictures taken October 5, 2008 at Grandma and Grandpa Ellison’s house.
Supplies: Patterned Paper, Chipboard: Rusty Pickle; Glitter Mist: Tattered Angels, Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Clearsnap; Font: Palatino Linotype, Microsoft Word, Other: Flowers.
Finally, I made this cute little spider for a Halloween decoration. I found the wood base at Robert's and decorated it with Rusty Pickle's Addams Family patterned paper and Making Memorie's tiny alpha stickers.. I wrapped some embroidery floss around his legs for a little added interest. Jack and Makele love this because when you pull on the string his legs go up.



Shawna asked if I would take some family pictures, so yesterday evening we headed to the hills. Here are a few of the shots I took.



Cute family, don't ya think?
Well that's all for now - don't be expecting a blog entry for another week - then I'm sure I'll have plenty of photos to share ;)!
1 comment:
The caribbean? I am so jealous. Are you going on a cruise? You are so creative. I love all of the scrapbooking stuff that you do. I am super impressed! Have fun and don't worry, we will all be here freezing in the snow!
Post a Comment