This afternoon Makele was trying to talk Jeff into going upstairs with her to get a drink because she was afraid to go alone. Jack ran over, picked up the gorilla and threw it behind the couch. He said to Makele in his sweet little innocent voice, "see Makie, he won't get you behind there; what do you have to be afraid of?" Funny little guy, I couldn't help but burst out laughing. It didn't help though, Makele is still trying to talk her dad into going upstairs with her.
On Friday we made a gingerbread house. It was the first time I have ever made one. I didn't really "make" it - I bought a kit from walmart to put together. The first thing I did was break one of the walls - so I had to "glue" it back together with frosting. I thought that just added to the charm of the house ;). Then I picked up a bag of little tiny candies by the wrong end and spilled them all over the floor - it was not one of my more finer moments.
Jack and Makele loved decorating the house and actually did a really good job.


The completed project - gotta love all those gumdrops gooped to the front of the gingerbread Christmas tree - Jack did that one all by himself. When Jeff got home he wanted to know if we were going to eat it - not after all that time and effort (not to mention little hands all over it - even if they did wash them before we started)!











3 comments:
How fun. It turned out really cute.
I think the house turned out great! It was my very first year making a gingerbread house as well with my 2 boys and niece.
That looks like a fun project. I started one last year. Still not decoarated and it lived on top of my fridge all year long. I just bought another one as the frosting on the other one is breaking apart. Hope ours looks as good as yours. The gorilla story was cute and funny. Kids are funny. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment