PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas

I'm finally getting around to posting about all our Christmas activities. Makele sang with her school in a Christmas concert on the 19th - I circled her in the photo below.

On the Sunday before Christmas, we went to Jeff's parents' house for their Christmas party. They had a special visitor stop by after we had dinner. All the kids loved seeing Santa at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Jack didn't want to sit on his lap at first, but I hauled him over there anyway, and in no time at all they were best buds.
All the grandkids with Santa (Beck was none too thrilled to be around Santa), except Katie and Marc who think they are too old to sit on Santa's lap!
Top Row, LtoR: Beck, Mayson, Santa, Kaden; Middle: Shelby, Sophie, Ellie, Maggie, Makele; Bottom: Jack, Mallory and Lilliana.
Even Grandma took the opportunity to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas.

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at Jeff's parents house. Makele and Jack were so excited for Santa to come. We had a hard time getting Jack to go to sleep. At one point, I went upstairs when Jeff came in to lay by Jack and get him to go to sleep. Jack told Jeff, "Mommy better get back down here and go to sleep or Santa won't come!"
Santa did come after all:


Jack was excited about his pirate ship, gator golf and bowling set (he was actually with me when I bought the bowling set and although I tried to hide it from him, he saw it anyway. I lied and told him it was for someone else). He was so excited to see that he got it after all.

Makele got a Diamond Castle Barbie Princess and carriage set, Tinkerbell movie and puzzles. She especially loved all the Kit Kats in her stocking and couldn't wait to dump them out all over the floor. Santa brought them both the game "Rhino Rampage" which they love to play over and over.

We headed down to my parents' house after all the Christmas morning festivities were over. We were going to go down Friday, but a huge storm was supposed to hit, so we went down early. We hit a big storm anyway - it was a crazy drive most of the way down. Makele and Jack loved playing with all their cousins. Chloe brought a Hannah Montanna makeup set. She and Makele had a ball putting sparkly makeup on each other.
We did a white elephant with my brothers and sisters on Friday night. Landon was quite pleased with the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree he picked and hid it right away so no one else would steal it.
On Saturday everyone went sledding in the freezing cold temperatures (My parents and I were the only ones who had the good sense to stay home).
LtoR: Tanner, Jeremy, Dustin, Dakoda, Jack, Chloe, Landon, Tia, Makele, Jeff, Dawson and Kylie.
Jeff and Jack going down the hill.
On Christmas my grandma always gave the grandkids church clothes. She has continued this tradition with the great-grandkids. Here are the boys in their matching clothes (Dawson's missing).

We came back home Sunday night to a driveway overflowing with snow. Jack and I went out on Monday and built a snowman with the snowman kit Grandma Neuberger gave us. Makele spent a few days at Grandma's house and returned yesterday.
Jack making a snow angel:
We had a little New Year's party at our house with my sisters - I'll post photos of that later as soon as I upload them (which at the rate I'm going, might not be for a while)!

No comments: