The doctor decided to admit him to keep an eye on his oxygen saturations and make sure he was okay. They decided to do a chest x-ray. Because I am pregnant, I couldn't go in, so the nurse came in and got him and took him to the x-ray room. He was asleep when she picked him up, but pretty soon I heard him crying for mommy. It was so sad - I wanted to go to him so badly.
They finally moved him upstairs to the pediatric unit at around 6:00 in the morning where they monitored his oxygen. We were both exhausted by that time and slept for about an hour before breakfast (I took these photos on my cell phone, so they aren't the best quality).

Jack was excited to eat some pancakes, but couldn't finish the two huge ones they brought for him:

Jeff arrived at the hospital around 9:00 after dropping Makele off at Taryn and Jeremy's house. A huge thank you to Jeremy for watching Makele even when Taryn left for the afternoon.
I made a quick trip home to shower and grab some things to keep Jack entertained because he said he was "boring." Which reminds me - sometime during the night when he was receiving one of his breathing treatments, he told me, "Mommy, I just cough, I'm not sick - we can go home." Which was funny because he was the one that told me before I took him in that he was "sick and needs to go to the doctor."
We passed the day coloring, reading books, playing with trains and building puzzles. He did amazingly well for having to be stuck in a hospital bed all day. Finally around 3:00 the pediatrician on call gave him the okay to go home. He couldn't have been more happy to get the heck out of there!
His barky cough is pretty much gone now and he seems to be doing much better - thank heavens!











4 comments:
I am happy to read that Jack is home and doing better. There's nothing better than a mommy when you're sick. Hugs to you!
Glad that little Jack is feeling better ♥
Glad to hear that he is doing okay and feeling better. That is always scary having to take a trip to the ER.
My son sends his well wishes to Jack. Glad he is doing better. Hop eyou are getting the much needed rest. SInus infections are awful. Take care sweetie.
Post a Comment