We went in for his 4 month doctor's appointment on Wednesday. When I put him on the scale, I couldn't believe the number that came up - 17 lbs, 3.5 oz! That puts him in the 84% for his weight. Just for kicks, I looked up how much Makele and Jack weighed at 4 months - Makele weighed 13 lbs 4 oz and Jack weighed 15 lbs 11 oz. I also noticed last night that his first little tooth is starting to peek through. He has been a bit ornery this week and drooling like crazy (he was spitting and blowing bubbles all day), but I wasn't expecting him to get a tooth this soon. Both Jack and Makele got their first tooth around 5 1/2 months. On Tuesday, we went over to my sister's house for lunch. My cousin, Jessica, was able to come with her baby, Caroline. Aiden and Caroline were born on the exact same day. Laney is in the middle and is 5 weeks older than them (not that you would be able to tell by this photo - she is so tiny!).
Taryn, Jessica and I were best friends growing up (Jessica was our closest neighbor - about a half mile down the street). We loved playing with our dolls - now we have the real thing!
Taryn, Jessica and I were best friends growing up (Jessica was our closest neighbor - about a half mile down the street). We loved playing with our dolls - now we have the real thing! I thought it would be fun to see some old pictures of us together with our dolls (you can thank me later Taryn and Jess), so I pulled out my old scrapbook (as evidenced by the Bee-u-tiful decorative scissor madness on this photo). Taryn is on the far left suffocating her doll, I'm in the middle and Jessica is on the right really cheesing it up for the camera. This particular Christmas Grandma gave us all Cabbage Patch Dolls - I still have it (well I guess technically my mom still has it). Landon and Jed are hamming it up in the bottom of the photo.
Then I saw this one and had to include it - a fair representation of my "angelic" personality! Taryn and I are the angels (bet you didn't know angels sported garbage bags back in the day, did ya?) and Jessica is Mary. The thing I remember about this Christmas is that I was so mad I wasn't playing the part of Mary. I even went and hid in my room!
Landon is the shepherd - wait maybe he's a wise man - he's bearing gifts after all; Jake looks to be a sheep or just a confused child wondering what the heck all these crazies are doing wearing towels and garbage bags; Huh, I didn't know Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat appeared in the manger scene as played by Layne; Jed is also a shepherd wondering when the heck he can get out of this get up; I'm not really sure who Shawna is supposed to be, but at least she's prepared for a flood should one come her way; and Mom looks ready to whack the first kid who steps out of line.
Wow, talk about getting off the subject - I started with a cute photo of Aiden and ended with a trip down memory lane! Oh well, at least it gave me a good laugh!











4 comments:
Good times! Yeah that picture does make Laney look more the same size.
Oh yeah I forgot to tell you yesterday when you came to get Jack, I asked him if he knew what Dustin was going to be and he said "Yeah, Luigi." And then he proceeded to tell me that Jeff was going to be Wario and you were going to be Princess Peach. Please make sure you post those pictures on your blog. I would love to see them.
I can't believe he is that old already, time flies. Love the memories and the pictures!
Those pictures are hilarious. Blast from the past. I think my favorite is Layne's outfit. I remember that. AND, I remember you being so mad about me being Mary. Too funny. It was fun to get together and play with our real dolls.
Post a Comment