PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Monday, October 12, 2009

Makeover!

Saturday my sister, Taryn, and I went to get "mini-makeovers." She had a baby a month before I did, so we both needed a little me time. I decided to get rid of my long hair - it has been driving me absolutely crazy for the last little while. It had been forever since I had even a trim, so the ends were totally uneven and out of control:

Bye-Bye!
I had more than enough hair to donate to Locks of Love (12 inches in all).
I imagine most people go out on the town after they get a makeover, but that would be too low class for us. Oh no - instead we hit the DI (the local thrift store) to strut our stuff. Taryn had some grand ideas about altering some stuff she found there, I just had a ball rummaging through the old clothes. I mean what says makeover more than a good ole' moo-moo?

And FYI - no I did not dye my hair. It has just gotten darker with every pregnancy! The ends still had some lighter shades in it, but since I cut them off my hair looks a lot darker.

I know traditionally when people get makeovers, they post the before picture, but I don't like to dwell on the past, so I'll just post the after ;) -

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your hair was super long! It looks great! That is so fun to cut off that much hair:)

Anonymous said...

Quit Cutting the hair!!!!!
Dad

Cami said...

I love it! Super cute! I can't believe how long it was. That is so nice of you to give it to locks of love. It looks great!

Ann Corbiere-Scott said...

bren!
gorgeous as always!
your new cute, totally frames your face and highlights your eyes!
ann

Tia said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I can't believe your hair was that long though, wow!

Jill said...

Brenda! You Look beautiful! LOVE the haircut! And I LOVE to go to Thrift Stores too...you never know what you will find!