PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Recap

I know this is way overdue (and for the record, Dad, it hasn't been a month - yet!), but I got caught up reading a book Jeff got me for my birthday and haven't had time to update. I put off reading it until after Christmas for this very reason - once I start a good book, I have a hard time putting it down. I have been up the last few nights until 1:00 am reading and finally finished it last night. The book is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I highly recommend it! I also have the second book in the series, but I have to wait to read it so I can get a few things done! She is also writing a third one too.

Back to Christmas. We were just partyin' all week long! The Sunday before Christmas, my sisters and I got together to dip chocolates. They turned out so yummy!
That Tuesday, we went to Jeff's parents for their Christmas party. A special visitor even showed up (I love the look on all the kids' faces) -
Word on the street is that Santa moonlights as a clown for the rest of the year, so he's really good at making balloon animals. ;)
Jack had no reservations about sitting on Santa's lap this time. He got right in line and told him exactly what he wanted - a transformer. Funny thing is that I don't think he's even seen a transformer. He wanted one because he has heard his older cousin, Tanner, talk about them. (Incidentally Santa did bring him one. When he saw it, he said, "I don't like it; I don't like his eyes!" Ha, ha!)
Aiden is almost as round as Santa -
All the grandkids (except Katie & Marc) with Grandma and Grandpa Neuberger -
LtoR on couch: Beck, Mallory, Makele, Grandma, Maggie, Grandpa, Sophie, Aiden, Mayson, Jack; LtoR in front: Ellie, Shelby & Kaden.

Late Wednesday night we arrived at my parent's house to spend Christmas with them. My brother's family was also there.

Christmas Eve the kids opened the customary pajamas and posed for a picture. Looks like they are all ready to sleep, right? ;)
Christmas morning - Jack got the best gift ever - Mario Galaxy (he has not wanted to stop playing ever since)!
He also got Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots. He was pretty dang excited about this since he saw it in the store and wanted it sooooooo bad!
Grandpa even had a go -
Makele got Guess Who? She loves this game at Grandma's house - now she has her own (although I must say it is A LOT more cheaply made than Grandma's).
My brother, Landon, got a special surprise behind the tree -
Aiden slept all the way through the opening of gifts early in the morning, but he was up and ready to go after!
Makele, Aiden & Chloe -
Aiden finally getting to open a present -
Taking a nap - It's tough business opening presents!
Christmas afternoon, all of my brothers and sisters and their families were at my parent's house. Can you say C-R-A-Z-Y! Every year we do a white elephant with my siblings. It's always entertaining, and this year there was a fight to the finish with gifts being stolen left and right.
We got matching sweaters for the cousins to wear - aren't they the cutest?
LtoR: Dawson, Dustin, Laney, Kylie, Jack (I seriously took so many pictures and not even ONE had a picture of him without his tongue sticking out or him pulling a crazy face), Chloe, Brinlynn, Tanner, Aiden, Dakoda and Makele (I don't know how I missed the hair in her face).

It was a really great Christmas - I'm so glad we got to spend it with our families!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

finally!!!!!!
Love,
Dad

Jess Allen said...

Such fun pictures! I love the matching sweaters. And, I especially LOVE the picture of you kissing Aiden on the cheek. That is the cutest picture EVER!

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful Brenda, it has warmed my heart to see such a Christmas celebration oozing with love and good cheer, thanks for the share, Aussie Tiff :):):)

Heidi E. said...

Alot of great photos. Looks like your Christmas with the family was amazing.. thanks for sharing with us the pictures.

prashant said...

I love the matching sweaters.

Work from home India