PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, December 19, 2009

"I'm Never Opening a Door at School Again..."

And who could possibly blame her after what happened on Thursday? Makele's pinkie finger got smashed in the hinged side of a door at school. When the school called me and said she probably needed stitches, my first thought was, oh, come on how bad could it be? It was pretty bad. Good thing we know a good hand surgeon ;).

Makele didn't want anyone looking at it and just wanted to go home, but I convinced her that it needed to be fixed. She was so nervous that they had to sedate her so she wouldn't move when they stitched it up. Jeff said it was cut all the way down to the bone. I was surprised when they took the bandage off just how bad it had been cut - her finger was cut all the way across just below the nail.

Being brave for Daddy (she kept saying, "Daddy, wait 'till I'm asleep to stitch it") -
Waking up -
She was still telling Jeff to wait until she was asleep to stitch it - she didn't know it was already done. She kept saying it over and over since she had Versed in her system and couldn't remember anything.

She has a splint on it now and will go back to the doctor on Monday to make sure it is healing properly. So glad she's okay!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I did this to my pinky finger on Christmas Day when I was about this age...still have the scar to prove it!
Your dd was so brave!

Jen said...

OUCH! Poor Girl! She will have to open presents with one hand on Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Whats up,almost a month,a month!
No updates!!!No updates!!!
Love,
Dad

prashant said...

You might just be a genius!

Work from home India