The long-awaited day finally arrived yesterday: Jack started Kindergarten. I was honestly having a bit of a hard time with it thinking about my little buddy being gone all day long. He was so excited to go though (as you might be able to tell from the following pictures).

Credits: Patterned Paper: Me and My Brother Paper Pack #1 and #2 by Creativity by Crystal; Chalkboard Paper: Chalkboard Paper Collection by Kitschy Digitals; Label Template: Artisan Label Templates No. 4 by Creativity by Crystal; Stitching, Staples: Office Supplies Element Pack by Creativity by Crystal; Kindergarten Frame: You’ve Been Framed: School Days by iKari Designs; Journaling Tags: Scalloped Journaling Tags – Brights by Elle’s Studio; Alphabet Tag: Alphabet Tabs by Elle’s Studio; Alphas: Life in a Nutshell Alphabet by Splendid Fiins; Star: You are Awesome Kit by Creativity by Crystal; Everything listed can be found at www.jessicasprague.com; Font: Rough Typewriter. “Scraplifted” from a layout by Kelly Mobley.
I surprised myself when I didn't cry when we dropped him off. It was Jeff's day off work, so after we dropped off Makele we did what any other lonely parents would do - we went to the International House of Pancakes to drown our sorrows in waffles. I tried not to skip into the restaurant. Makele started 2nd grade last week. I was going to post a layout I had done with a picture from her first day, but the products' release date was pushed back a week. I'm sure you will all be waiting with bated breath for that! ;)
The poor girl had to have 3 teeth pulled the day before she started. Her permanent teeth are coming in behind her baby teeth and there is way too much crowding going on. She is so funny about wiggling her baby teeth. She will not do it and will not let anyone else touch them. She has been known to have a loose tooth for months before it finally comes out.
The poor girl had to have 3 teeth pulled the day before she started. Her permanent teeth are coming in behind her baby teeth and there is way too much crowding going on. She is so funny about wiggling her baby teeth. She will not do it and will not let anyone else touch them. She has been known to have a loose tooth for months before it finally comes out. Needless to say, I didn't tell her she would be getting teeth pulled. She just knew she had to have a cavity filled. She does not handle the dentist well AT ALL! The two times she has had to have work done they have had to put her out cold. We decided to try laughing gas this time since she is older and we thought she could handle it (the fact that anesthesia is so freakin' expensive didn't even play into our decision - ha). Even when they gave her the laughing gas, she was freaking out. The dentist had to keep telling her to breathe through her nose instead of her mouth so she would get some of the gas into her system to calm her down. Didn't work though. I haven't told her she has to go back in a month to get 4 more pulled on the other side - that should be a fun conversation.












1 comment:
Cute, Cute! I'm sorry to hear about Makele and the dentist I was sure that was going to be Chloe when I took her in but the laughing gas just made her a real goof ball. See you guys tomorrow!
Post a Comment