Holy cow, has it really been two weeks since I blogged last? I guess that just proves that I was crazy busy right before Christmas. As usual, I took on way too many projects - the main two that were nearly the death of me were the Neuberger and Ellison families "Year in Review" DVDs. Time tends to erase the agonizing memory of last year right before Christmas as I was pulling my hair out trying to get them done and burned. I should have just burnt them, literally. But I unwittingly created a family tradition of having the DVDs, so what do I do? I tell myself it's not such a big deal, and I start in on it - for my family and Jeff's. I gather pictures from Jeff's three siblings and my five and attempt to put them all together in a slide show with music that represents what the year was like in each of our families while attempting to ensure that each family member has equal "face time" in the dvd - impossible for my oldest unmarried brother who doesn't even own a camera! I think I managed to get two, maybe three pictures of him in the Ellison dvd this year.
Enough blabbing about that - maybe I'll see if I can figure a way to post some of the dvds on here so you can see the nightmare I'm talking about. Each video was approximately 35 minutes long - I tried shortening them, but just couldn't. Actually when I added all the photos to the Ellison dvd, it came out over an hour, so I was doing pretty good to trim it down to 35 minutes.
We spent Christmas at my parents' house in Flowell - about 6 miles west of Fillmore. My whole family was there which made for quite a crazy morning - lots of excited kids running around!
Jack wasn't feeling too chipper - he had a bad cough. All he wanted was the little pirate playset Sant had set up for him. We had to force him to open his gifts. Here's a photo of my dad "helping" him open one. Just look at that face!
Of course, they always do go back to playing with the boxes. . .
Jeff had to get back to work on Wednesday, so he left Christmas evening. I stayed until yesterday. When I got back, I could barely make it into the driveway - It has been snowing like crazy around here - our driveway was packed! Jeff has been out this morning trying to get it shoveled - not an easy task when it's turned to ice on the bottom! I got Jack all bundled up to play in the snow - he could barely move once I got all his gear on him!

I am looking forward to getting back to scrapping - I have done next to nothing in the last month!
1 comment:
I was scrambling on Christmas Eve even to get some last minute scrappy presents done. Really the things we do!
Hey remind me there is a group of us that are trying to get together to scap in January and I've been meaning to talk to you about it:)
Post a Comment