We had a fun time on our trip. We drove to St. George on Friday night and stayed with my Brother, Landon & His Wife, Tia. The next morning we set off for San Diego. Thank heavens for portable DVD players - I think that was the only thing that got the kids (and consequently Jeff & I) through the trip.
That afternoon after we checked in at the hotel we went down to Sea Port Village to do a little shopping. We rode in a "Cinderella" carriage around the village and by the marina.

On Sunday we went to Sea World. The kids loved seeing Shamu and the dolphins jump.


Jack even got to hold a starfish (Makele fell asleep - she hadn't been feeling too well that day).
On Monday we went to Legoland - the kids loved it! Jack took one look at the Lego Thomas and jumped out of his stroller before it even stopped! He really wanted to climb on it, but I talked him out of it. I bought him some new sandals for the trip, but when I tried to put them on that morning, he didn't want anything to do with them - go figure!
Makele loved all the rides - she even went on the dragon roller coaster with me and squealed with delight the whole time. She also loved the little airplanes we rode together.
I think I need to invest in one of these:
I loved seeing all the little cities and things built from legos - so impressive! Jeff had to get his picture next to Einstein since he considers himself a bit of an Einstein!

We saved the pirate section until last for fear that we would never get Jack to leave. He loved it! We went on a little pirate ship that squirts water and on a ship that goes up and down. He decided he wanted his hat at that point and that he needed to wear it backwards "like a pirate." I don't know quite where he got that from. As you can tell from the picture below, Makele decided to follow suit.

I had a hard time prying these away from him after he tried them on in the gift shop!


Tuesday morning before we headed home, we drove across the bridge to Coronado and let the kids run around on the beach a little bit. Jack got a little too confident and tripped as he was running away from a wave. The water went over his head and drenched him! He got over it quick though, and went right back to playing and throwing rocks in the water.

Chloe, Jack, Makele & Tanner at the beach.So there you have it - our vacation in a nutshell!











No comments:
Post a Comment