PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Monday, July 28, 2008

Chicago

So I've been terrible about updating my blog since I've been back from Chicago, but I have a good excuse. My camera decided to through a fit in Chicago, so I didn't get a single picture. The other girls had their cameras and were sweet enough to upload them to photobucket so I could get them. These ones are from Nanette - thanks so much! The warranty on my camera was up in May - figures. I have to send it in for repair, so in the meantime I plan on getting a cheap camera so I can at least have some photos.

Okay, enough of the ranting. Chicago was a blast - I was entirely exhausted when I got home from the lack of sleep. Too much partyin' going on! Here's the whole crew on the second day of the show (L to R): Tasha (owner), Audrey (Tasha & Lance's dughter), Eric (works in the warehouse), Kim G (designer), Mason (Tasha & Lance's son), Lance (owner), Kim C (designer), Nanette (works in the office), Lynn (Kim G 's friend), Me and Alaina (works in the office).

The Ranger booth was across from ours and Tim Holtz was doing demonstrations during the day. He has his own line of inks, paints and embossing powders - he is amazingly talented!
We went to Greek town for dinner Saturday night and ate at Costas - so good! For the appetizers, they had cheese that they poured some kind of oil on, then lit on fire right at the tables.
The Rusty Pickle booth featuring all our new releases for the next 6 months. We had a chocolate fountain that you can see on the left side - it wasn't up and running in the picture. Needless to say, it was a huge hit with everyone at CHA, but after looking at it and smelling it for 3 days, I was sick of it!
Day three - are we looking a little sleep deprived yet?
We went to Hard Rock in downtown Chicago Sunday night - don't ask me why this picture is tipped - I'm too lazy to fix it.


After dinner, we went to the Hancock Building and took the elevator to the top floor - 94 stories high. The elevator ride was a killer - 40 seconds to the top and my ears felt every floor!


Another tipped picture - you get the point.

Too bad we got there so late - we only had 15 minutes to look around before it closed, but it was worth it! So cool to see Chicago at night from 94 stories high!

It was a great trip - very cool to see a CHA and all the fun new products releasing in the next little while. A big thanks to my sisters, Taryn and Shawna and Aunt Tess and cousins McKayla and Megan for watching Makele and Jack while I was away! And of course to Jeff too for being so supportive of my "globe trotting" as my Dad would say!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These pics are Great! Looks like you guys had a FABULOUS time!

I loved meeting you all in the class and at your booth. Yes, that chocolate was very aromatic! hehe