I must have said that a few thousand times this morning as I was trying in vain to straighten up the house. I got one area cleaned, only to find that the kids had made a big mess in the other room while I was cleaning. They were hounding me to go outside to play with the kittens, so finally I relented and sent them packing to the backyard. Amazing how fast you can go when they aren't trying to "help!" I had just gotten done with the kitchen when Makele came running in saying she needed more bubbles in her bottle. There was plenty in the bottle still, so I told her she didn't need anymore. About that point the bottle slipped out of her hand, spilling slippery bubble solution all over the floor. Jack had come in too, and decided to come closer for a better look and stepped right in it then backed up, leaving bubbly footprints.
Fast forward about an hour. We were all downstairs - the kids were watching T.V. while I was cleaning up my desk and trying to get all my scrapbook stuff organized on the nice big desk Jeff snagged from his work. Jack said he was thirsty and went upstairs to get some juice. Pretty soon I smell sunscreen. I ran upstairs to find Jack spraying it on the wall. It does a pretty good job of stripping paint from the walls - I'll have to remember that if I ever want to repaint. He had sprayed it on the stair, on the floor, all over his shirt and in his eyes. He was screaming and rubbing his eyes. I grabbed the eye drops and rinsed his eyes out. They are a little red, but should be just fine which is more than I can say for the carpet and paint! Never a dull moment around here.
Happy Birthday Kimberly 🎉✨🙌🏻🍰🌟
2 months ago











3 comments:
Honey,
You DEFINITELY need a weekend camping! However, your description of today's events made me laugh out loud - remembering raising your own kids never leaves your memory no matter how old you are. Tomorrow has to be better.
Love you guys,
Mom, Marilyn
awww! Brenda I'm sorry although I can't help but smile at the scene you've painted. Hang in there girl:)
I am sure it doesn't help when I say "I really do remember those days" Good thing you got cute kids. Glad you got to get away to go camping. At least they can't mess up the house if they are not there - right !!!! Hope you had a great weekend and got to relax a little.
Post a Comment