PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Friday, May 15, 2009

It's a Girl!

Not for me, but for my little sister! Taryn had her baby Tuesday night. Laney weighed 8 lbs, 8 oz and was 20 inches long.

You can check out her BLOG for more information and to congratulate the proud parents and big brother. I did steal this photo off of her blog because it makes me mad - this was taken only a couple of hours after she gave birth. She seriously looks like nothing out of the ordinary happened - just a walk in the park. I, on the other had, always look like death warmed over (barely) after giving birth. It's not a pretty sight with my big puffy face and stoned expression!

After I picked up Makele from school on Wednesday, we went and saw them in the hospital (Makele's school is just down the street from the hospital so it was convenient). Makele was so excited to see the new baby. She got to hold her for a long time and only got scared once when Laney squawked. Makele immediately looked nervous and said, "here you go, mommy," and tried handing her back to me.

Makele was sad when we had to go - she is going to be such a good big sister! Jack couldn't go because he has been sick this week with a fever and bad cough. He is finally starting to get over it.

Taryn decided before she had the baby that we had to get photos of the two of us together (because you can never have too many pregnancy photos ;)). This was taken last week (with no makeup and my hair a disaster I might add). We look pretty good from the front view, right?

From the side, not so much (I had to cut our backsides out of the photo - Taryn's was fine but my hind end is getting about as big as my belly and no one needs to see that)!

We had a doctor's appointment last week and the baby was still breech. My doctor said if he didn't turn on his own that she could try to turn him and if that didn't work, I would have to have a c-section. I told Jeff that if that was the case, he needed to get his doctor up there and just do a tummy tuck at the same time! Somehow he didn't think that was a good idea - kill joy! I saw the doctor again this week, and she thought the baby had turned so that's not an option anymore anyway I guess!

Is it June 15th yet?????

2 comments:

Jess Allen said...

I'm glad your baby decided to turn! And, I LOVE the pics of you and Taryn! I haven't taken a profile shot since I was about 20 weeks or something. :) They aren't my favorite. But, I DO wish that we could have had a picture of the 3 of us! How cool is it that we are all 3 having babies around the same time?! And yes, I thought the same thing about how great Taryn looked after the delivery! Amazing! She looks beautiful and completely relaxed. Little Laney is darling! And -yes, I'm anxious for the 12th to roll around. Time is definitely slowing down over here... Good luck! Hang in there!

Karla Smith said...

Brenda, I just had to check on you... with all the Babies being born...Congratulations to you Sis. Beautiful little girl... Glad to hear the baby has turned.. you look adorable...