PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our Week in Flowell

Last week Makele was on Spring Break, so we decided to make the most of it and spend the week in Flowell with my parents. Jeff had to work, so he rode home with Shawna Sunday afternoon after the Easter festivities.

We had such a great week hanging out and playing together. Makele discovered her new favorite game - Sorry! We played it everyday, and she was so sad when we had to leave it at Grandma's. I had totally forgot that we owned the game too, until Jeff reminded me. She was so excited when we got it out to play today! That game always brings back such "fond" memories of Taryn and me playing something similar called Pollyanna -
When we were around 10 or 11, my mom got a job. During the summer, we would go over to my grandma's house every day for lunch. We usually stayed for a couple of hours and almost always played Pollyanna. I was always yellow (Pollyanna) and Taryn was usually red. It got pretty competitive, but I always won (right, Taryn?)!

Wow, I went off on a tangent on that one! Back to our week - On Tuesday, we went with my parents to their doctor's appointments in Orem. The tire nazi (aka Dad) noticed my front tires were pretty much bald (wonder when that happened? ;)), so after their appointments, we swung by Discount Tire and got them replaced. Funny how much smoother the van rides now!

Makele had bumped her tooth earlier in the day making it super loose. It started bleeding right before bed, so I grabbed a tissue to wipe it up. All I had to do was tug on the tooth a little, and it came right out. Makele didn't even know I had pulled it until I showed it to her!
I noticed she has another loose tooth on the bottom and two more on the top are getting a bit wobbly.

The kids couldn't get enough of their grandma each day when she got home from work. Here they all are reading a story before bed.
The mountains at sunset from my parent's yard -
Aiden's bib: "When the going gets tough, I'm off to Grandma and Grandpa's!"
It was such nice weather while we were there. We spent the afternoons outside swinging on the cute new horse tire swing Tia picked up at a yard sale. Aiden was trying to figure out what Makele and Jack were doing on that strange horse -
Makele & Aiden -
Would you look at that - an actual authentic smile!
Cutie-patooty -
Ride 'em cowgirl!
Miss Gappy Smile -
My dad's pride and joy (aka the bane of my mom's existence) -
She was NOT happy when I tried to take her picture. She would run away or cower down. I was lucky to get this shot.

We had such a great time - in fact Makele said on Thursday, "I hope this fun never ends!"

Photobucket

3 comments:

Taryn said...

As I remember it I always wanted to be blue, but you wouldn't let me, because then I would be right behind you and knock you off. Oh the sacrifices I made for you.

Abby and Brenda said...

Hmmmm... funny how my memory forgets those minor details! You right, you right! Heaven forbid that I had to be green..

Jess Allen said...

As I remember it, I was blue...whenever we played with the 3 of us. :) Such a great game. Good memories. Glad you enjoyed Flowell. Man, it is pretty there! I love your pictures. And, that horse swing is awesome! Seriously.

How goes the photography class?