PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Aiden’s Birthday

So Aiden’s birthday was 2 weeks ago, and I’m just getting around to posting about it.  Because after all it takes a lot of effort to plug the memory card into the computer and transfer pictures! ;)

Leading up to his birthday Aiden kept asking me if we’d have party hats.  He was quite obsessed with the idea.  So of course, we had to have them!  Just look at this family of crazies:

IMG_0252 IMG_0254IMG_0255

The week before Aiden’s birthday, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted.  He said, “blue!”  He loves Mickey, so I made him a Mickey-shaped blue cake.  Shawna and Kylie came to help celebrate.  He was a little shy when we sang happy birthday to him:

IMG_0257 IMG_0258

I think he pretty much spit all over the cake when it came time to blow out the candles.  He had to try a few times before he got them all out:

IMG_0261IMG_0265   

He got lots of fun presents:

 IMG_0272 IMG_0273

I asked Jeff to pick up some batteries for the Elefun game we gave to Aiden.  Of course he got the crappy cheap kind.  They didn’t even supply enough power to blow the butterflies out, so it was a little disappointing with all the kids standing around it waiting for something, anything to happen.  He didn’t think it had anything to do with the batteries, but when I replaced the with Duracell batteries, the butterflies practically exploded out of the trunk.  Sounds like I should do a commercial for them, right? ;)

IMG_0277

Aiden had a fun birthday with lots of excitement.  So much so that he fell asleep on top of the counter a few days later!

IMG_0279

Actually, I went to take a shower (imagine wanting to clean up a little) when Aiden decided he would help himself to the treats.  He pulled a chair over and got up on the counter.  I don’t know if he was scared to get down or he thought his foot was stuck in the bread bin (he had plenty of room to get it out), but when I came out of the shower, here he was asleep.  I had to tip toe to get my camera and once I took this picture he woke up.  Funny little guy!

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

that is hilarious! And looks like a great birthday!