
One-year-old:

He was a little character even back then:


We can’t imagine our lives without him. He keeps us on our toes and laughing constantly. He refuses to let me help him with his prayers anymore. If I try, he shakes his head and says, “I do it.” His prayers usually consist of thanking Heavenly Father for everyone in his family and then he closes with, “name of Jesus Christ, say these things, amen!” And the “amen” is said with a great amount of excitement. Last night he was saying the usual things when out of nowhere he says, “thank you for Mario, thank you for Count Bleck.” (All you Paper Mario fans will understand the reference). I had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing out loud.
He is also very mischievous and is often found with a twinkle in his eye that lets you know he is up to something. The other day I was sitting in the living room doing some work when I heard him pushing a chair across the kitchen floor (the dreaded sound in this house). He came in with two cookies in his hand, held one up to me in his chubby little fist and said all innocently, “I got one for you, ‘kay?” How could I say no to that? He just happened to get an extra one for himself! ;)
He loves his little sister so much, even if he does try to poke her in the eye at least once a day. I think sometimes they have their own language. He can get her to laugh like no one else can. Taylee was practically in fits of laughter until I pulled out the video camera and started taping. She still is laughing a little in this:
He loves wearing Jack’s sports jerseys. Soccer, basketball, football, it doesn’t matter. He really looks up to his older brother and sister and often is their little shadow and parrot.
I can’t believe I actually caught a real smile in this picture taken last night at Jack’s game. He’s usually pulling crazy faces for the camera:
We are so glad little Aiden is a part of our family!











No comments:
Post a Comment