PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Pirate in Candyland

This is how Jack plays Candyland! He didn't want to play with Makele and me, but still thought it was funny to put his pirate on the board and have him get stuck in the licorice (his favorite spots on the board). Once again, Makele won all three games we played today. Things were looking up for me when I drew the ice cream card. Unfortunately on my next turn I got the freakin' gingerbread man.


This afternoon before Jack took his nap, we were all downstairs playing Candyland on the floor. I kept getting a whiff of something that I swore smelled like the glue gun. I thought Jack had managed to put something in the heater, so I went to check it out. I couldn't see anything and just chalked it up to my imagination. Taryn came over a little while later and I asked her if she could smell it. Nope - it was just me. Later after Jack woke up from his nap, we were watching T.V. when Makele walked in with the glue gun. I felt it and sure enough, it was hot. I asked her where she got it and she said in the hall. After a bit of questioning, Jack said he had plugged it in. I have no idea where he even got it from - I haven't used that thing for the longest time. The tile where it was looked like it had melted a little - but other than that everything was okay - thank heavens Makele found it. I had walked right by it when I went to check the heater earlier!


Here's a layout I did this weekend for AMM. Dustin is my little sister, Taryn's baby.


Supplies: Patterned Paper: Me and My Big Ideas; Cardstock: Provo Craft; Chipboard Alphas: Rusty Pickle; Rub-Ons: Basic Grey (Black) and Imaginisce (Blue); Watermark Pen: Tsukineko; Embossing Powder: JoAnn; Pen: Zig Millenium by EK Success; Thread: Sulky; Paint: Making Memories.

Technique: I painted the chipboard alphas black. When they were dry, I applied the rub-ons. I heat embossed the clear embossing powder over the top of the alphas to give them a sheen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work Brenda,keep up the good work.
Love,
Dad

Nicole said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who looses Candyland. Wes wins EVERYTIME!

Very cute layout, I like what you did with the title.