PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hat Fascination

I made this little book as a booth sample for Rusty Pickle. Of course I had to make another one to keep.

Jack has a love for hats, so I thought it'd be fun to make a mini-album showcasing all the different hats he has worn over the past year.





Supplies: Album, Patterned Paper, Rub-ons, Stickers, Chipboard, Trims, Buttons, Stamps: Rusty Pickle; Paint: Making Memories; Felt Stars: Queen & Company; Ink: Tsukineko & Clearsnap; Pens: American Crafts; Embossing Powder: JoAnn; Watermark Stamp Pad: VersaMark by Tsukineko; Computer Font: Pizzicato-Swash, Microsoft Word.

Journaling: You definitely have a love for hats - or anything that looks like it could go on your head. When I started looking through your photos from the last year, I couldn’t believe how many different hats you have worn. This album is a tribute to your “hat love” at age two!

22 June 2007 Your Dad bought this in Cabo San Lucas when we went on a cruise. Although it is technically his, it fits you remarkably well!

24 January 2008 One of your favorites – you always have to have your “sword” (a baseball tee) when you wear this. “Yo-ho, Arrgh Matey, and Blow the Man Down” are often heard while you are wearing this hat.

4 July 2007 You wore this hat long after the 4th of July was over. Even though it was made of plastic and made your head sweat, you still insisted on wearing it.

7 November 2007 You took this right off of Grandpa Ellison’s head one afternoon while he was giving you a ride on the lawn mower.

14 July 2007 Not a conventional hat, but that didn’t matter to you!

16 March 2007 You have managed to destroy two of these straw hats because you wore them so much! For some reason you call it your “hee-haw hat” – I guess like “yee-haw!”

13 July 2007 At first you called this a “hee-haw hat.” No matter how many times I try to tell you it was just for decoration, you still insist on putting it on your head!

29 June 2007 You wore this for Grandpa Ellison’s surprised birthday party. This was the first hat you didn’t really want to wear. I guess the elastic around you chin was just too much for you!

24 January 2008 Grandpa Ellison gave this hat to you. He got it while he was visiting his home state of Oregon. Go Ducks!

26 July 2007 This is really a little wall hanging you made at the library, but of course, you saw it’s hat-worthy potential!

16 May 2007 I bought this little cap for you. Finally, a hat that was actually made just for you!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

love it! such a fun idea for a mini book too:)