PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stretching with Jack

My little sister Taryn is training for the Logan marathon in September. She has been motivating me to get out and run even when I don't feel like it. We have been running four days a week since the first of the year - through the snow and cold weather and now the warmer temperatures. When I first started, I could barely run for five minutes without passing out in the gutter of the road. Seriously - I probably hadn't run like that since high school. It was so bad - I couldn't believe how out of shape I was. Week after week I gradually worked up and now surprise, surprise I can run for 30 minutes without stopping. Granted, it's not record -breaking speed or anything, but at least I'm moving! We go when Makele is in school. Jack has become my little running buddy - one day a couple of weeks ago he even started stretching with me. Taryn grabbed the camera and took this hilarious shot:He's usually pretty good when we are running - he loves to see all the dogs along the way. Each time we pass a dog he says, "I wanna see another puppy, Mommy." I've learned to give him a sucker before we leave - it keeps him occupied and not jabbering to me the whole time. It's pretty hard to talk to him when I can barely breathe!

No comments: