PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Camping in the Uintahs

For the Fourth of July weekend, we once again took to the hills with my family. We went to the Uintahs where we were nearly eaten alive by mosquitos. Jack and Makele came back looking like they had chicken pox despite me hosing them down with bug spray. Besides that, we had a fun time - everyone in my family was there except my oldest brother, Trevor. Kylie and Shawna even brought their foreign exchange student from France, Alice. All the grandkids are in this picture except Brinlynn who was sleeping at the time. Pictured L to R: Alice, Kylie, Chloe, Dakoda, Dawson, Makele, Tanner, Dustin and Jack.
The wildflowers were everywhere up there and so beautiful. Here my niece Brinlynn is wading through them.

We managed to get in some fishing while we were there - Jack even caught one! Grandpa threw the line out for him and after about five minutes Jack said, "I think I got one!" He got one alright. He wasn't at all interested in holding it himself for a picture; he said it was too "flappy!" I caught one shortly after that and then grandpa caught a couple. My poor older brothers, Layne and Landon had no luck that afternoon. We were joking with Layne that we had never seen him sit still so long in his entire life (he is usually always on the go with "lots to do"). He said it was because he had taken some muscle relaxers. If that was true, we could sure tell when they wore off - he practically bolted to the truck after a couple hours of total disappointment!


Here Layne is teaching Kylie to gut a fish.

Grandpa showing Jack how to fish.
Makele by the lake. And what would camping be without smores? Some of us just got a little more excited about them than others. I caught Jack pleased as punch with marshmallow all over his hand. He said, "what happened to me?"
I'm currently talking a little break and visiting my parents for the week. I've been busy working on two projects for Rusty Pickle - one is a pop-up album for Lance to teach in his private classes and the other is an album for a product kit for a fun new line being release at CHA later this month. I'll post the projects as soon as I get the go ahead - I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises!

1 comment:

Kim Sonksen said...

I wish I could have joined you guys there - looks like you had a marvellous time