PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Monday, March 23, 2009

Pleasanton Expo

I got back yesterday morning from a weekend in Pleasanton, California at the scrapbook expo. We had a successful show (once the credit card machine was fixed)! I worked with the amazing Libby and Lance taught. We also had a great helper on Thursday for setup, Teresa. We could not have done it without her! She even came back on Friday during the craziness to help us with the t-shirt mess that inevitably happens during every show. Do people seriously not know how to fold up a t-shirt and put it back where they found it? I need to take a picture during one of these shows to show you the disaster that happens!
Teresa, Libby and I looking gorgeous after set up -

Can we get a ride here? (Lance was busy talking to someone after we set up, so we took our luggage to the curb to wait for him!) -

The take-down crew - thanks, girls (and Libby's husband)! We would have been there all night without you!

Goodbye, California -


I had a ball working with Libby - she seriously rocks! We laughed our hind-ends off and even lived through Lance snoring in the next room and the neighbors pounding on the wall to get him to stop! Friday morning the credit card machine went on hiatus and it took us all morning to fix it. Let me tell you it's not a pretty sight when you come between women and them buying their scrapbook stuff because they can't use their plastic! I had to go in and teach the second half of Lance's class while he took the machine to the hotel to batch it. Thankfully the class wasn't too hard, because it was one I had never taught before. I even had a guy in that class which was a first for me. He had come to the expo with his wife.

I was so exhausted when I got home Sunday morning - the shows are tiring, but being pregnant just adds another element to that! I have a few weeks to rest up before the Mesa show in April. That one will be the last one before the baby comes!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Brenda,
It was so much fun working with you and Libby. I am glad that I got to meet you. You deserve a medal for working as hard as you do and the fact that you are pregnant.I hope to see you again!

Heidi E. said...

You look like you had fun.. can't wait to see you in Arizona..

Jana Eubank said...

Whoa! Sounds like a busy weekend! Don't let them work you too hard! ;)

Cami said...

Sounds like you had fun but I'm sure it was a lot of hard work. Shows can get pretty insane!

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Thanks Brenda for all your wonderful comments!!! Congrats!! A new baby how exciting!! Doing a show is a big job....I know everyone appreciates you! Hugs, Dawn