Good news! Rusty Pickle is looking to expand our elite design team! Ten finalists will be chosen to run an "amazing race" where their talent (and ability to function on minimal sleep ;)) will be put to the test. Of these ten finalists, five will be chosen to join the Rusty Pickle team.
The deadline for entry is Sunday May 31st at 12 noon Mountain Standard time. Please submit the following 3 projects for consideration: (1) 2-page 12x12 layout, an altered project and a mini album 8x8 or smaller with at least 6 pages. Projects must contain 100% Rusty Pickle product to qualify. Email all entries to: amazingrace@ rustypickle.com.
Please limit one email per contestant with 1 project image of the layout, 1 project image of the altered project and one compilation image (six images) of the album (this compilation can be done using photo-editing software). The images are to be no more than 700 x 700 pixels. In the subject line put only your name.
The ten finalists will be announced Friday, June 5th at 12 noon.
Thank you and good luck!
This information is also posted on the Rusty Pickle Blog.
If you are interested, please give it a try!
Last week I started organizing my pile of layouts I just have sitting around on my desk that aren't in albums. I seriously have somewhere around 50. When my sister came over to scrap, she about had a heart attack seeing them just sitting out. She was way more worried than I was about them getting damaged, but I decided she did have a point and that I needed to get them in albums so the kids could enjoy them. They love going through their baby albums and looking at all the pictures. I found some layouts and stories that I had totally forgot about. It reminded me of why I scrapbook - to keep the memories alive.
Here's a layout I did a couple of weeks ago - it felt so good to get these zoo pictures scrapped from last year! I have issues with scrapping lots of photos and event photos, so this was a challenge for me, but I loved the way it turned out! I used a sketch by Pagemaps - love that site! (I forgot to mention that I won that sketch contest I entered last month!)
Anyway, here's the rare two-pager using Sassafrass Lass's Adorable new Bungle Jungle Line-
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzil; Patterned Paper, Stickers: Sassafrass Lass; Buttons: Rusty Pickle; Chipboard Alphas: Basic Grey; Pen: American Crafts; Other: Crepe Paper.
I made the flowers following the fabulous Jana Eubank's instructions. They are seriously so easy and add just the right touch to the page. I also made some of the felt ones, but haven't used them on a layout yet.
I have also been working on a quilt for the baby (the colors and patterns might look funky together, but I promise they all make sense in the end) - here's a peek -
Whew! That's it - now you're all caught up with what I've been up to lately. Hopefully it won't be so long in between posts next time!











2 comments:
Oh I can't wait to see your quilt. Is it a double pinwheel? Do you think Rusty Pickle would hire me if I was in NC ;-) I love the animal paper on that layout, super cute!
You are doing a great job with all the RP stuff going on.. Thanks for handling it all.
Love the layout and can't wait to see the rest of the quilt. You are a woman of many talents ♥
Post a Comment