We brought little Aiden home from the hospital over a week ago. Life has been a little crazy adjusting, but we are getting there! He is such a good little baby - hardly makes a fuss. Of course, we are still working on getting his days and nights unmixed. That's the hardest part for me - I need my sleep to function and feel like a normal person!
The kids have been so good with him - they can't get enough of him. For the first few days Jack insisted on calling the baby Jack. He's finally over that now although he has told a few people the baby's name is Jack. He is constantly saying "cutie little baby" and giving Aiden kisses. A couple of days ago Aiden was sitting in his bouncer. I ran upstairs for a minute, and when I came back down he was on the floor! Don't ask me what possessed Jack to take him out, but we had a little talk about that one! Makele adores him and loves to hold him and give him kisses. Here's a photo on the day we got home from the hospital -

4 Days old -
My mom came and stayed with us for a few days to help out. She gave Aiden his first bath at home. He actually took it quite well - not that you can tell from the photo below!
Aiden and cousin Laney (she's just one month older than he is) -
We have had lots of visitors since Aiden's arrival. Jeff's parents and Makele and Jack were the first to see the new addition on Tuesday morning. Later that evening my sister Shawna stopped by to see him (my niece Kylie would have loved to have come but she was at girl's camp) -
Jeff's sister Cathy -

My sister Taryn, her husband Jeremy and kids Dustin and Laney also came to meet Aiden -

We layed Laney and Aiden down side by side -
Aiden was a little excited to see her!
My dad also came up for a couple of days.

He brought my nephew, Dawson, with him.
Jack and Dawson had such a great time together. Their favorite thing to do was play the wii together.
Thursday night after dinner, Jack and Dawson went outside to play. Pretty soon Dawson came in and said to Jeff, "your son is painting the dog." Jeff went outside to see the dog sitting patiently in front of Jack while Jack was maticulously painting around his eyes with a paintbrush full of blue sidewalk paint. When I asked Jack why he did it, he said, "I wanted to make his eyes pretty!"Jeff's parents took Makele for a couple of days so she could see her two cousins, Shelby and Sophie, in their dance recital. She has now decided she wants to go back to dance instead of tumbling. Jeff's dad with Aiden -

Jeff's mom with Aiden -

My Aunt Tess and cousins Megan and McKayla came to see us Tuesday -

Monday of this week the kids found a book that shows how to make pirate stuff. I got roped into making a few things with them (it was actually pretty fun to craft with them). We made a pirate hat, a patch and earring for each of them and a scope. They loved it and looked so cute in their get-ups!


I have some photos I've taken of Aiden that I'll post as soon as I have some time - it took me forever to get this posted!
I just want to tell my parents how much I appreciate them coming up to be with me last week. I never would have made it without you! My mom is the best - she cleaned my bathrooms, vacuumed, did the laundry, cooked while she was here and even made a casserole for us to have after she left. She also kept the kids entertained and kept Aiden in her room at night so I could get some rest. Thank you so much, Mom - I love you!
Thank you also to Jeff's parents for watching Jack and Makele - we are so blessed to have a wonderful family we can count on!











4 comments:
Fun time Brenda. Can't wait to see you guys next week.
Hey! I really want to see these pictures on this post, but they aren't coming up! Not sure if it's my computer or something else. I've been waiting to see more pictures of your cute little guy, though. So, I'll keep checking back! Hope you guys are doing well and getting a little sleep.
You did have tons of visitors.. I love all the pics..Especially the one of little Aiden giving the other baby a kiss.
I love the pictures. Aiden is so cute! Look at all that dark hair! So fun to have all those visitors and the help from your Mom. My Mom is on her way back down today. She can't stand to be away from Caroline - and I love having an extra pair of hands.
Post a Comment