PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Monday, June 8, 2009

Naming Baby

I love that the baby ticker aboves says, "I'm done squirming around in here." Could have fooled me - this baby doesn't STOP squirming around. It's getting pretty painful when he moves and kicks. There's no sign that he's going to be making his entrance into the world anytime soon. I was having contractions a couple nights last week. Although they were coming pretty regularly, they didn't continue after an hour or two.

The good news is that we have finally decided on a name - but I'm going to keep it a secret until he is born. Oh, what the heck, you can keep a secret right? Okay, prepare yourself for the brilliance.........drum roll please..........Melvin LeRoy. Isn't it the most stunning name ever? Melvin after my Grandpa Robison who loved his name so much that he wouldn't let anyone call him that because it was too precious to be spoken by common people. He went by Junior instead. LeRoy for my father's middle name. My dad doesn't quite know what his mom was thinking when she gave him this name, but I think it's brilliant. I have no idea why he would sign things, "David L. Ellison." What a travesty to shorten that lovely name. What a relief to finally have a name chosen!

As if that's not enough excitement for you to read about, I'm also posting my June projects for Rusty Pickle. I got them done extra early because I thought I would be having a baby this month - ha ha!

This first one uses RP's new Rockin America line for Independence Day.



Supplies: Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Cardstock Coupons, Buttons: Rusty Pickle; Silver Mist: Stewart Superior; Grid Stamp: Glitz; Ink: Tsukineko; Pen: EK Success; Font: CK Elusive. Based on a sketch by Beckie Fleck.

I loaded one side of this down with so many buttons that it won't even hang straight - oh well, that's part of the charm!



Supplies: Patterned Paper, Alpha Stickers, Buttons, Bling, Trim: Rusty Pickle; Chipboard House: Scenic Route; Brads: Making Memories; Birds: Pebbles, Inc; Pen: EK Success.

Some pictures from a couple years ago that I finally got scrapped (that's right, I'm on top of things)-


Journaling Reads: You loved playing with all your cousins over the Thanksgiving weekend. Uncle Jeremy was nice enough to pull you, Dawson, Dakoda and Jack around the yard in the little truck. You guys didn't want him to stop!

Supplies: Cardstock: Making Memories; Patterned Paper, Alpha Stickers, Rub-ons, Brads, Buttons, Tag, Trim: Rusty Pickle; Acrylic Hearts: Legacy Scrapbooking; Pen: EK Success. Based on a sketch by Beckie Fleck.

I also had a layout requested for publication by Creating Keepsakes in the October Issue. Whoot Whoot! (Okay that looks wierd - maybe it should be spelled without the h's? You get the idea - I'm happy about it)

TTFN! Bonus points for anyone who can tell me what this stands for because I have no idea, I just see lots of people signing off with it and wanted to be cool - is it working?

4 comments:

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

brenda you are so funny, I love your scrapbooking style. Good Luck with the baby and best wishes for an early delivery. ttfn stands for "ta ta for now" tigger says it in whinne the pooh :)

Ann Corbiere-Scott said...

brenda!
congrats on the pub!
so proud of you!
looking forward to seeing it!
ann

Jess Allen said...

Love the name. :)And, I love your layouts - the Summer sign is darling! Hang in there with your little guy... I still have a feeling that you will go before me, if that makes you feel any better. Hello! My due date is on friday! Somehow we will survive this!

Alycia Sanders said...

Seriously, these are the cutest projects I've ever seen! That tree with the buttons is just awesome! And congrats on the pub!