When I was growing up a “special visitor” would visit our home every year around Christmas. My older brothers and sister would take Taryn and me down to the basement to see him dressed up in his red suit (I think they were pajamas, but the details are fuzzy) and white beard and looking an awful lot like my oldest brother, Trevor. No wonder I found out about certain things related to St. Nick at such an early age. Well that and the fact that my dad would come to check on Taryn and me Christmas Eve chewing on pieces of the same kind of candy that appeared in our stocking the next day. But that’s another story for another day…
On Saturday the real special visitor came to our ward’s Christmas breakfast at the church. The kids had been looking forward to this and were counting down the days. Jack and Makele were almost the first ones in line because they had their eyes on the door just waiting.
Jack asked for Wipeout 1 on the Wii. He wanted no part of the latest version because it wasn’t the same one his cousin Tanner has! I’m sure Santa appreciates that because it is considerably cheaper. ;)
Makele asked for “earphones” so she can listen to music. She has wanted them for a long time, so I sure hope Santa delivers!
Aiden waited patiently for his turn. Doesn’t he look so innocent?
It took a minute for him to warm up…
He told Santa he wanted a Woody doll (or should I say figurine for Jeff’s sake?). When Santa gave him a bag full of goodies, Aiden brought it over to me, held it up and said, “Woody’s in here!” Ha, ha!
Taylee handled it all pretty well. I thought she would start howling, but she seemed to think Santa was pretty interesting.











No comments:
Post a Comment