It's a quarter to 1:00 in the morning - so what the heck am I doing typing? I have become a total night owl lately - I find it is the only time I can get things done without interruptions. No one to say, "Mommy, I'm hungry. Mommy I need to go potty. Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" No fights to referee or the million crayon marks to clean off the walls. No sounds of football games and Jeff yelling at the T.V. when his team does something stupid. Just peace and quiet for a little while.
On Sunday Jeff got set apart to be Elder's Quorum President. It was such a shock for him seeing as how we have only been in this ward for a few months and we are still trying to get to know everyone. He's afraid he won't be able to do a good job - but he is so perfect for it! He is such a social person and loves talking and getting to know others. He has chosen good counselors who will help him, too. Last week I met one of his counselors and his wife, Brandon and Nicole Stark. They are so much like us that it's scary (and I mean that in a good way, because everyone knows Jeff and I are the coolest - well I am at least)! Nicole is a major scrapbooker - she is a 2007 Memory Makers Master and does incredible stuff. You can check out her work on her blog here. They invited us over for a barbeque at their house last Friday. We had so much fun, and I there I thought I was the only girl married to a guy who shaves only once a week! We'll have to start some kind-of support group, Nicole!
We are really loving our new neighborhood and feel that we were blessed to find a home in this wonderful area. Jeff went over to get some help from our neighbor tonight - he came immediately over. What did he need help with you might ask? We have a slight problem of having the wildest, meanest looking stray tom cat in our garage. Jeff and I tried to catch it in a trap one of our other neighbors let us borrow. In so doing, the crazy thing scaled the cement wall and hid in a little panel above the garage door. We tried pushing it out with a broom - both sides of it - but to no avail. We think this is the same one that attacked our other cats and keeps hanging around our place causing trouble. Jeff even called animal control today and an officer came out, but said he couldn't do anything and that we'd have to trap it ourselves and take it into the animal shelter. Anyone have a pellet gun I could borrow?
Happy Birthday Kimberly 🎉✨🙌🏻🍰🌟
2 months ago











2 comments:
And I thought I was the only crazy person to be up all hours of the morning just so I could get things done . . . seriously girl you are like my other half or something!
So glad you took the incentive to email me, it's been so great getting to know both you and Jeff!
And --- from Brenda's mother-in-law, (Yeah, I know all those goody things you say about us) - you really have NO idea about 'Days' in the Life of the Neuberger Family. I just can't understand why she doesn't talk about ME in it. Ok, Brenda - let's hear it!!!
Marilyn - mom-in-law
Post a Comment