PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Busted

They say bad things come in threes but I'm beginning to think it's more like thirties. When it rains it pours - I could go on and on with these bad idioms, but I'll spare you. I went to my dentist appointment on Monday. One of fillings is starting to crack, so he recommended getting a crown before it turns into a root canal later on down the road. Okay, let me just pull $1100 out of my wallet for a freakin' tooth! I went to visit my mother-in-law who lives near my dentist. We had a great visit - we could actually talk because there were no kids interrupting us every two seconds! On my way home, I was going down a hill and who should I see sitting right at the bottom? Only your friendly neighborhood police officer. Turns out I was going 53 in a 40 - but come on - I was going down a hill - gravity made me do it! The ticket should do wonders for our insurance rates especially after my little incident in March. Lets just keep this between you and me - Jeff might not take too kindly to this information ;)!

Okay, that's enough sad stories for one day. Maybe I'll rename this blog "Misfortunes of the Neuberger family." Your bad luck is starting to rub off on me, Dad!

I guess it's not all bad - my July/August issue of Memory Makers came on Monday. I had two digital layouts published in there for the first time!


Here's the layouts that were published:

Fun Technique: To create the lift tickets dangling from one of the photos, I scanned in our lift tickets, then erased a circle out of the top of them. I then put the ring over the top and erased the parts of the ring that wouldn’t be seen if the tickets were really hanging from it. I tilted one of the tickets to add to the illusion that they are hanging from the photo.

Journaling Reads: We left the kids with Grandma and Grandpa Ellison while we took to the slopes for the first time in a long time! Landon, Tia, Tanner, Tia’s sister Sandy, Shawna and Kylie went too. It was Kylie and Tanner’s first time skiing, so we all just got a pass for the bunny hill slope. I was nervous to ski again since I hadn’t done it since high school - back when I was a little more “spry!” Jeff was so good to stay with me and reteach me the ropes. He didn’t even get mad when I pulled him down coming off the ski lift for the first time (the dang hill coming off that lift was steep!). It was a perfect day for skiing, and the resort was packed with people. The lines for the lift were horrible! We all learned to pack a lunch - the total bill for everyone’s lunch: 100 some odd dollars! And that was just for hamburgers and fries! Still, we all had a great day of skiing - once we all got to the same resort (Someone neglected to tell Jeff & I we were going to Snowbasin, not - Powder Mountain!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda,I guess I will have to brush you up on talking the police out of giving you a ticket,just ask Landon about Manila and my Grandfather being the "First White Child born there".
It really was the truth,but I don't think Landon is buying it as of today.
Great work,keep it up
Love ya,
Dad

Jen said...

I love your page layouts. I am so glad you had some good news come with all the bad. Just remember it could always be worse.