PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Back

We barely made our flight out of Washington Dulles Airport yesterday morning at 6:45 EST. We literally had to run to the gate - and that airport is not small! I thought we were never going to make it!

It was amazing to see all the monuments and memorials - it definately makes me proud to be a US citizen. Eric and I went to see Washington on Wednesday afternoon, then I went back with Kim on Friday night since she had a later flight and couldn't come with us on Wednesday. It was totally different at night - so peaceful and beautiful. I am glad to be back home though - I missed my little family so much!

Thank you so much to my father and mother-in-law for taking care of Makele and Jack while I was away. It was so nice to know that they were in loving hands while I was away. I can't thank you enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am ready for bed but couldn't sleep until I showed this to Kirk. We both were so touched to see and hear what we should all be thinking about each day - our incredible, free country. Thanks Brenda for reminding us of our freedom and the cost it has been to families just like ours. It was beautiful and what a treasure for your children to look at as they grow. We love you, Marilyn & Kirk (Mom & Dad)