PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Aiden's 1!

Aiden turned one on Tuesday! The year has gone by so fast, I honestly can't believe he is already one. We had a laid back day at home and went to Jack's t-ball that night. Aiden was such a good sport to wait for his party until after, he didn't even whine once! ;)

We had an impromptu photo shoot when we got home (the sun was setting by this time so I had to hurry):
I love his cute little chubby cheeks and dimples:
I'm sure when you look at these pictures you are thinking, dude, don't you ever mow your lawn? When you live in the rain forest conditions we've had for the past couple of months, no, you don't. We are going for a grass height record here, people.

This is his cheesy smile. We ask him to smile and he gives us this - such a little ham! Tonight he was being fussy waiting to be fed. I said, "Aiden, smile," and he gave me a quick one of these before going back to crying.
Cake time - finally!
He was so careful to put little tiny pieces in his mouth at first...
Not so much after the first couple of bites...
After a quick dip in the tub, it was time to open presents. I'm pretty sure he thought we were all crazy trying to get him to tear into the paper. He loves to rip and crinkle up paper (especially Jeff's newspapers), but we usually stop him before he gets too far. This time we were actually encouraging it!
He loved this toy we gave him and squealed with delight over it.
This picture seriously cracks me up because it's so typical of our house at the moment. No wonder the poor baby had to be forced out a year ago - I'm sure he was in heaven watching these two and saying, "I don't think I'm quite ready for that yet!"
We are so glad Aiden is part of our family. He has such a sweet personality that we all adore. We love you, baby boy!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cami said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been a year already! He sure is a cutie!

Kasandra said...

What gorgeous pictures...hope you've scrapped them........