When Makele and Jack were babies, it was recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics that they start cereal no sooner than 4 months. So apparently they changed their minds by the time Aiden came onto the scene. By then they recommended 6 months. With Taylee, I didn’t really care what they said anymore, so I just started her a few weeks ago, when she was about 6 1/2 months.
I hate to admit it, but I was a little lazy and didn’t want to deal with the mess that inevitably comes when you start a baby on solids. Besides, she was doing just fine on milk. I’ve actually read that a baby doesn’t really need anything besides milk for the first year. I didn’t go to that extreme, but it didn’t bother me to wait a little longer than I did with the other kids.
The first time I offered her oatmeal, she thought it was great, but couldn’t quite figure out how to swallow it. I’m pretty sure more of it ended up on her than in her.
Makele was so excited to feed her little sister and was very patient with her. Taylee has now taken to grabbing the spoon every time I feed her. Little miss independent thinks she can do it better herself, I guess!











No comments:
Post a Comment