Before we left Moab on Thursday, I wanted to go find some more petroglyphs. We were trying to find a petroglyph panel called the birthing scene. Despite looking everywhere for it, we could not locate it. I finally gave up and, a little miffed at wasting so much time, was speeding down the canyon. A glance in my rearview mirror told me I had been going a little too fast:
Nothing like a $90 ticket to put a damper on the morning. Oh well, what would a family vacation be without a little run in with the law?
We stopped at the Hole in the Rock south of Moab and toured the 5,000 square foot home that is built into the rock. I don't know what we were thinking taking Aiden on a guided tour. He would not stand still and wanted to climb on everything. I think the tour guide about had a coronary when he tried to climb on one of the beds. Needless to say, Jeff had to make an exit early with the little imp in tow.
I haven't done any layouts for the rest of the vacation, so you'll just have to deal with me narrating each picture! ;) They had lots of cool things around the property that the kid loved looking at.
The couple that built the house is buried in a little cove on the property.
We passed through Monticello and stretched our legs a bit in front of the temple there.
Next was Four Corners, where Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico meet. The kids loved being in 4 states at one time:
Too much togetherness in the car; we had to put state lines between them.































No comments:
Post a Comment