PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Help for the Invalid

I am so lucky to have great family and friends who are always there to help when I need it - even when I don't ask for it. This pregnancy has taken me out, and my mom saw my distress (actually I think she feared I was going to end up in the nut house if she didn't do something to intervene). She and my dad traveled 2 1/2 hours to come spend a couple of days helping me out around the house. She did my mountains of laundry, picked up countless toys and even cleaned under my couches which were pretty bad!

Meanwhile, my dad and I took a trip down to Home Depot to get some supplies to fix a couple things around the house. He hung up the DVD holder I bought at IKEA ages ago. Jeff had put it together and didn't realize the brackets to hang it were still in the box when he threw it away. So it has been sitting on the floor by the T.V. Jack had made good use out of it by using it as a seat to watch television. The DVDs were piling up on top of the T.V. - I'm surprised we didn't have an avalanche! Doesn't it look so nice?He also changed the ballast in the light above my scrapbook area downstairs. It went out a month ago and has felt like a dungeon down there - it was seriously depressing.
Thanks, Mom and Dad - you have no idea what a lift it gave me!

I've also been having problems with my computer ever since I downloaded the newest version of iTunes last week. It slowed way down, and I started getting pop-up adds all over the place. My friend and fellow Rusty Pickle designer, Heidi, recommended that I restore my computer to a time before the download, and what do you know? It worked! She had a friend that had the exact same problem that was fixed that way too. She was definitely a lifesaver!

I am also grateful to a husband who makes me laugh - most of the time when he doesn't really mean to. Yesterday he was playing Memory with Jack for the longest time with Jack getting a couple of matches and Jeff getting none. I looked over there and this is what I saw - no wonder they weren't having much luck with this set up!
When I took a picture, Jeff said, "this is going to end up on your blog, isn't it?" You know it!

No comments: