PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Friday, April 24, 2009

Phoenix

I really had every intention of updating my blog while we were in Phoenix, but it just didn't happen. This was the first time I was the show manager at a scrapbook convention, and things were a little busy for me, even after the show each night. We had a great time, though - the kids loved it!

Jeff came to the show Friday morning to give me some change for the registers. The kids came in and later that night Makele said, "I wish I could go to your scrapbook show." I told her she already did that morning and said, "didn't you see all those crazy women running around (Jeff would put me into that category too, BTW)?" Big mistake, because she and Jack kept talking about the "crazy women" all night and into the next day.

We went to the zoo on Wednesday. It was actually a little on the cool and breezy side which was fine with me!

They had a big cage for the monkeys you could walk through and see them up close. The kids loved seeing them run across the sidewalk and up the vines.


Probably their favorite animal was this baboon - he was laying against the glass. Jack thought it was funny that he was just sitting there blinking his eyes - he does a pretty good impersonation of it!

They also loved seeing the wallabies, the prairie dogs and the concession stands. They loved playing in the Fisher Price Little People park - I loved being able to sit down and rest for a while while they got some energy out!

That night, we went out to eat with my cousin and best friend growing up, Jessica who lives in Glendale. Unfortunately her husband is a full-fledged scholar at Thunderbird and was too busy with end-of-semester fun to join us. I'm sure we made an interesting group at dinner - two kids, two pregnant women (our due dates are only 3 days apart although it looks like I'm about 3 months ahead of her) and Jeff. It was great to be able to catch up a little (when the kids would actually let us talk)!

The next day, I was off to set-up the Rusty Pickle booth while Jeff took the kids to a small amusement park. Their favorite thing to do was ride the bumper boats - Jeff said they did it over and over again.



When I got back to the hotel that night, I realized Jeff forgot about one important thing - sunscreen (nevermind the fact that I don't think Makele got her hair combed that morning)! The kids were red, but not too bad. Hey, you can't expect him to remember everything, right? At least he remembered to bring both kids back! Totally kidding, Jeff - you did amazing!

On Friday he took them to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale. They rode the train and carousel and played in the playgrounds. This time Jeff remembered the sunscreen but not the camera.

On Saturday they went to the Arizona Mills Mall. Jeff had his heart set on getting Makele some heelys for her birthday. I was a little skeptical that she'd be able to use them, but who am I to interfere with his fun? (BTW, she fell down the first time she went outside with them and doesn't care to try again anytime soon, but I'm not saying "I told you so" or anything).

We headed for St. George on Saturday and after a loooooong drive, we made it. Thanks so much to Landon and Tia for letting us stay and interrupt your kids' bedtime routines! After stopping in Flowell to see my Dad for a bit on Monday then to Fillmore for a present for Makele from Grandma Wendy, we headed for home. It was so good to get home and out of that car! We had a little party for Makele with just us that night; more on that in the next post! My fingers are going numb from typing so much!

1 comment:

Jess Allen said...

I LOVE the updates! Looks like you guys had a great trip! I am SO SO glad that you guys would drive over here and take me out to dinner. I loved it! It was wonderful to catch up...it has been a long time. And, you do not look 3 months ahead of me. You look great! I had another lady tell me yesterday that I look like I should be having this baby next week. Of course, that registers in my brain as, "Wow, you look like a whale!" After we left the store, I cried. :) The joys of being pregnant! Andrew said that I should have come back with, "Well, I was just going to say the same thing to you." Yeah, right. Like I could ever say something like that... Love you guys!