PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Me: "Jack, what do you want for breakfast - Cheerios, Trix or a Pop-Tart?"
Jack: "Pudding!"

This was the conversation at our house this morning. Silly boy, always one step ahead of me!

Yesterday we went back for more fun at the fair. Thankfully it wasn't as hot as it was on Wednesday - it was actually perfect weather. Kylie showed her steer this time. Don't ask me how a tiny 60 lb girl manages a huge 1312 lb steer, but she does it and does it well!


She placed 2nd in her market class and 5th over all the steers at the fair!

For the June/July issue of RSC, we worked with designs by SuzyQ. At the time, she was designing for Enchanted Studio Scraps, but has since moved to a new store that I don't believe is open yet. I chose her cute Mad Scientist kit to work with -


Journaling Reads: I found instructions online for making a volcano from salt dough. I thought the two of you would have fun molding, painting and watching it erupt, and I was right! We even had to do it over again because you wanted Daddy to see it. March 25, 2009.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Alphas, Embellishments, Journaling Strips: Mad Scientist by Suzy Q Scraps, www.enchantedstudioscraps.com; Font: Arial, Microsoft Word; Software: Adobe.

And to show that the mad scientist kit can be used for more than science layouts, I made this one, documenting the story behind our 2006 Christmas Card Photo (look at how little Jack and Makele were)-

Journaling Reads: Trying to hold two little balls of energy long enough to get a decent family photo for our Christmas card proved harder than I thought it would be. The photo above was taken at our house on a timer and turned out okay, but I wasn’t thrilled about it. We took the one to the right at Grandma and Grandpa Ellison’s house over Thanksgiving weekend. It was much easier having someone else take the photo than waiting 10 seconds for the timer! We couldn’t get Jack to stop sucking his thumb and look at the camera, but I still think it turned out cute.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Alphas, Buttons, String: Mad Scientist by Suzy Q Scraps, www.enchantedstudioscraps.com; Scallop Template: Edgies, Designs by ScrapShana, www.digiscrapaganza.com; Photo Edges: Jessica Sprague; Font: CK Footnote; Software: Adobe.

1 comment:

Tia said...

I really like the mad scientist kit. It would be cute for a science fair page. Good Work as always.