PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Studio Alana

The last designer we featured in the June/July issue of Ready Set Create was Studio Alana at Scrapbook Graphics. I chose the Forest Folk kit -

This kit was a challenge for me because it is a lot different than what I'm used to working with. I didn't absolutely love the way this first layout turned out, but was really pleased with the second one -

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Flower, Owl, Alphas: Forest Folk by Alana McCarthy, www.scrapbookgraphics.com; Digital Template: PagesMaps by Becky Fleck; Software: Adobe.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Journaling Spot, Embellishments: Forest Folk by Alana McCarthy, www.scrapbookgraphics.com; Font: CK Ali’s Hand; Software: Adobe.

Journaling Reads: I look at this picture and laugh because I can see the wheels turning in your head. You are trying to figure out how to get to that dirt in Grandma Robison’s garden!

I don’t know what your sudden fascination with dirt is all about. Ever since I planted my garden and let you play in it you can’t get enough of it!

One Friday morning you and I were playing on the floor at my work when the phone rang. I got up to answer it and noticed you were being awfully quiet in the other room. When I went to check, I found you in a pile of dirt at the base of a potted plant. You were grinning from ear to ear with dirt from your head to your toes! You continued to grab the dirt out of the pot and throw it as hard as you could while I watched, dumbfounded. Finally, I snapped to, pulled you from the scene of the crime and plopped you in a room with no plants while I vacuumed up the mess.

A week later while staying at Grandma and Grandpa Ellison’s house, you pulled the same trick – twice! You were even stuffing it in your mouth and rubbing it in your eyes! I had even warned them of your love of dirt, but you were just too quick and sneaky for them to stop you in time!
Journaling – May 22, 2006


Both of these layouts are for Jack's book - I'm going to get "caught-up" one of these days!



1 comment:

Heidi E. said...

Love the rustic look of the layouts.. You are pretty good at this digital stuff.. Did I ever send you that website for the digital stuff? Hope all is well :)