PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Friday, December 11, 2009

Hop, Hop, Hop!

Welcome to this stop on Rusty Pickle's blog hop! If you didn't start at the beginning and would like to (and why wouldn't you?), go to Rusty Pickle's Blog.

I have a few projects to share and hopefully inspire you! The first is this little altered Christmas house. I decorated a Doodlebug house base with Rusty Pickle's Snowflakes and Mittens Christmas Line.
I adhered buttons to the roof, then coated them with diamond glaze in order to give them an icy look.
I added frost to the windows with a white stamp pad. I also put some clear Stickles to add a little glitz. I made the snowman from buttons and twine.
I rarely do 2-page spreads anymore, but I wanted to include all these pictures without making it look cluttered. I love it so much, I just might have to do 2-pagers more often! ;)
I covered the chipboard letters with a couple coats of Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist. I love this stuff! I love the glimmer it gives to the letters (the pictures don't do it justice) and the fact that I don't have to mess around with cleaning a paint brush is always a plus!

Supplies: Cardstock: Provo Craft; Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Alpha Stickers, Tags, Trim: Rusty Pickle; Brads: Making Memories; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels. Based on a Page Map by Beckie Fleck.

Journaling: Shelby lined up Sophie, Maggie, Jack & Makele to watch a dance performance in Grandma’s backyard. The adults were inside talking. When we looked out we saw Jack dancing with Maggie without any encouragement from anyone. So cute! May 10, 2009.

This layout was super quick - a rarity for me these days!


Supplies: Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Tag, Tab, Quote, Buttons: Rusty Pickle; Ink, Glitter Glue: Tim Holtz for Ranger; Pen: EK Success.

I got on a card making kick -

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Alpha Stickers: Rusty Pickle; Butterfly, Charms: Creative Charms; Stitching Template: Bazzill; Embroidery Floss: DMC; Ink: Tim Holtz for Ranger.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Rub-ons: Rusty Pickle; Flowers: Creative Charms; Pen: EK Success; Ink: Tim Holtz for Ranger.

Supplies: Patterned Paper, Sentiment: Rusty Pickle; Ink: Tim Holtz for Ranger.

Now for the good stuff - blog candy! Leave a comment below telling me if you have your Christmas shopping done yet (and if you say yes you are automatically disqualified - ha, ha! Kidding, kidding!), and you will be entered into a random drawing for Rusty Pickle's brand new Shazaam line AND the Candyland line! -

That's a total of 14 double-sided papers, 2 sticker sheets, 2 full alphabets, 1 set of cardstock coupons, 1 sheet of rub-ons and assorted buttons in the colors shown.

*Open to residents of the continental US only please!*

I'll announce the winner on Monday so check back as I'll need your mailing address if you win!

Okay, that's it from me! To continue on the hop, go to my buddy Jodi's new Blog!

89 comments:

{VICKI} said...

YES--I am done and it's wrapped and under the tree

Liz said...

These are so cute love them all

Pamela said...

Love love love your house Brenda! :)

Cami said...

I love the house! Super cute! And no my christmas shopping is not done...at all (which is not like me at all)...yes I have to ship everything...yes, I'm very stressed about it. Hopefully it will get accomplished this weekend.

Taryn said...

Of course i am. Aren't you?

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

such cute stuff Brenda, yes I am totally done and EVERYTHING (even stuff from the big guy) is wrapped! I feel so relived.

sarah said...

wowsers!! what great projects!! love those buttons on the house!

tfs!

hugs,
sarah.

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

I have done SOME of my Christmas shopping, the important Santa kind for my kids. Not wrapped yet though! I like to do that all at once. Tree is up and going to decorate this afternoon. Woo Hoo!!

Thanks for the fun hop and chance at some delicious candy!!

Jodee said...

Love your cards! We haven't even started shopping yet! LOL!

Jill P said...

Just trying to finish up the last og it today online! But the hopping fun is just for me!

PamSpradlin said...

Love that house - would like to try to make it. And I just started my shopping today...got one thing and decided that was enough.

Tia said...

Yes I am done!

VAWM said...

I love the little house! I have my shopping done I think! I need to look at what I've got and make sure I have the family covered.

PaolaEtta said...

I really love your house (...even if I can't take part in the giveaway ;-)

Jingle said...

That little house is amazing! No...I'm not done. I did get the ONE big thing I needed to order, though.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

OMG what beautiful projects!! The house is adorable and I love the smoke rising from the chimney, very clever!

As for Christmas shopping I should get double entries because I just started yesterday LOL I am usually done by October but not this year!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Rissa said...

OMG that house is too cute!!!! Yes i am done xmas shopping...1st time EVER i've been done 2 weeks before xmas

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What beautiful creations! That house is too cute! and your layouts and cards are awesome! I love all those details!
Shopping? Haven't even started! eek!!! ;)

TFS :*)
~ margie

Jules said...

Your house is fantastic Love the buttons...Love your cards and Double LO also.You should do double more often.

LG said...

I adore your Doodlebug house. So cute. Anyway, of course im not yet done with my xmas shopping.

Berta said...

That house is just too adorable!! And I love the pinwheels on your LO!

Kristi said...

Love your little house Brenda! It's beautiful. Great Job!!

Chris said...

Haven't even started! LOL. Love the house you altered.

Anonymous said...

Oh Brenda, your projects are just delightful, what a gorgeous array of eye candy, it was a pleasure looking over your projects, I love, love, love you paper windmills, I must try that, Tiff :):):):)

Nicole said...

So very cute! Love the house and absolutely have got to try those pinwheels...how adorable!

Renay said...

I absolutely love the smoke coming out of your chimney! and the frosted windows is such a cute touch. I just started my Christmas shopping so I have a million more things to do for it! I love those pinwheels...and what great lines!!

silvia said...

WOW!! Fabulous eye candy!! I LOVE the button roof on your house. Of course I am not finished with my Christmas shopping~ I haven't even started the gifts that I am making for Christmas.

Kim said...

love the house and the 2 layouts.....i haven't done any christmas shopping...i am hoping to start and finish this weekend!

Debee said...

Ha! No, my Christmas shopping is not done...not even close!

Love your work! That house is super, uber cute!

Snips and Snails said...

I'm not even close to being done shopping.

I love the little pinwheels on your 2-page layout.

laterg8r said...

i love that house, it is divine :D

i live in canada but my mom lives in the usa if i win :D

Heidi E. said...

I am in love with your house.. It is adorable.. xoxo..

Sarah Louise said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that house brenda, beautiful, well done

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Awesome projects!

ScrapbookMary said...

Uh....are you kidding? I have stuff piled up in every closet waiting to be wrapped! I love the pinwheels on your layout!!! Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing! Mary

Lisa aka Raining said...

Not done and not wrapped! Not even done decorating! Yikes.
Love your little house!

Unknown said...

Great projects. I'm sucker for birdhouses and your house is adorable. Love the design and detail on your pretend page. I need to try that with my flowers.

Colleen said...

I haven't even started shopping yet. Never have I been so disorganized as this year. Ouch

Laurajean said...

OMG, I absolutely LOVE that Christmas House, too cute...Love all of your creations girl :)
And "NO" I do not have my christmas shopping done yet, does anyone?????
Merry Christmas :)

AmesOx said...

What an absolutely adorable little house! I want one too :) My Christmas shopping is now completely done, thank goodness. I always procrastinate, but this year I didn't. It feels good!

JPScraps said...

I'm almost done with my shopping & wrapping :) I love the house you made. Soooo cute!

Beth said...

You are a very talented girl! I almost finished my shopping today...one gift to go!

Sandy said...

No - not quite yet. Still have a few of the larger things to get. Money is tight... Beautiful house - love the button roof. Beautiful layout and I would be honored to get any one of those cards.

scrappinlil said...

Yes..I am done so I guess you have to disqualify me...just kidding...It's wrapped but hidden away from my dd who is 4 and still believes....I love your work and you have been busy...I am now going to follow your blog and then go hop..TFS

Kristi B. said...

Great projects! YOur house is ADORABLE. I love how you did the smoke from the chimney.
Done Christmas shopping? NOT EVEN CLOSE! I've only picked up a few gifts for my son so far.

audrey g. said...

What wonderful projects! I love that little house! So cute!
And...I'm 1/2 way done with shopping....so not quite finished!LOL

Lee said...

Are you kidding? I am no where near done shopping and have not even started crafting. Love the house!!!

Shannon said...

Not even close to being done!!

LOLena said...

UR kidding, right? I do not have all my Christmas shopping done. We ran out of money a while ago. I'll probably be out there Christmas Eve. My boys just want money, but Mrs. Clause can never leave it at that! I love your little house, double page, and cards. Glimmer mist is my friend too. Happy HOHOHOlidays!

Katie said...

You are one talented lady! Love the holiday house, your layouts & cards. So much eye candy!
I am not done shopping. OFf to do some of that today....

Beate said...

Oh I love your little house! It is so darling!

T.A.M. said...

Love your cute projects!What Christmas shopping? I totally want to just give money this year.J/K
This year I am ordering online for most gifts( what's not handmade). After working retail for so many years I don't want to see the malls at Christmas.

Jodi_E said...

What a cute little house. Love the button roof.

Nancy B said...

I'm not done shopping yet, but hopefully will finish this week-end. Great projects!

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

WOW!! Brenda Amazing!! Love all the detail!!! How precious is that!!!! Awwwww! The los and cards well you know I love them, thanks for everything, Dawn

AScrappersDelight said...

Nope, not done... I do love to shop though just wish there was more $$$

Love your button roof!

Star Rork said...

lol- NO I am not! Love that house, all the buttons! Its so cute!

connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
connie said...

NO,I am not done and won't be until next payday....hopefully with a Christmas bonus on the 23rd. I say every year I will start early but never do. LOVE you house, LO and cards.

Scrappinraiderfan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scrappinraiderfan said...

Your house is the cutest thing!! Awesome 2 pager as well. I to don't do many anymore but I do love to see the picture placement to hopefully remember for future use :) As far as my shopping, most of it is done, but just needs wrapped. Doing the decorating this weekend, as soon as I get done blog hopping hehe.

Nikki Love said...

Unfortunately, I'm not done but will get more shopping done on my next day off. Your tree and cards are so FABULOUS!!! So much creative inspiration here :)

Heather Plank said...

Wow Brenda that house is too adorable. Love the iced look of the buttons what a great touch! I'm almost done my shopping, just a few more small items and then I'm done! I'll be finishing up next weekend...

Regina said...

love all your projects! NO I am no where close to being done with my Chrismtas shopping! yikes!!!

Janet's Joy said...

Love the altered house!

vixen said...

just wanted to pop on and say your little house is just so cute :) and i love your little windmills you have on your double layout it looks fab :)

havent done all my xmas shopping but for once know what i want to get everyone which makes it a little easier and lessons the panicking lol

have a wonderful xmas
from vixen x

Heidi Dombrowski said...

I love the house! It's adorable! My shopping is almost done.

Pam AKA: picnic said...

Woo Hoo what sute cute stuff, love the house.... to cute,
TFS``

Anonymous said...

Nope! Not even close to being done. I suppose I should get a move on it. tee hee

Sherri said...

Love all your projects!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

LOVe the icy roof and frosty windows!!
Way Cute!!
Am I done shopping yet?? Never, but I eventually have to stop sooner or later....snicker

Lyneen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your house... so precious... I know what you mean about not doing 2 page spreads any more....

OK you ask if our shopping is done... :YIKES I don't even have my list yet... I am still working on getting the Christmas Cards made. Monday I will think about shopping!

Thanks for the giveaway and HOP... I posted it on my blog!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wow, what amazing talent you have. that house is adorable!
shoppings not done yet ;0( maybe tomorrow!

Tarnished Rose said...

LOL I actually finished up my Christmas shopping today. Hubby got his done last night.

Smiles~
Marilyn

Card Cropper said...

Oh heavans no, I'm not even close. But I've got time now to get it all done.

Your house is adorable!

mommyof5kidz said...

Oh what a super cute house you have there!! Love the idea for the diamond glaze! All of your projects are beautiful!!

SdenisonT said...

I got most of my shopping done throughout the year and on black friday believe it or not. However, now that we have two kids, our gift-giving has slimmed down a lot. The grandparents will be getting handmade gifts that include pics of their grandkids and I have not even started on those yet.

Love the altered house.

Amy Myers said...

Finished Christmas shopping?! Are you kidding me??? I'm nowhere close to done. I'm waiting for Christmas vacation to start to get a lot of it done. It's just too tiring to deal with excited third graders all day and then think about shopping! Not to mention the 16 month old at home who always wants to play with her mommy.

jjindp said...

I love your house, cute cute cute.

GrannyCharlotte said...

No, I am definitely not done. I am so far behind it isn't funny :) I love the little house and the cards are neat. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!!
c1130cc@bellsouth.net

Sue said...

This is such fun...I'm "meeting" lots of new bloggers. I love your little house, so darling. Your pages are amazing!

Sue

Sandie said...

Wow. Girl, you are chalk full of inspiration on this blog. wow. The house is cute!!!! And I agree with you about Glimmer Mist. I can't get enough of that stuff. Thanks for the inspiration! It's all so beautiful. As for Christmas? sigh. I haven't started.
I haven't started.
oh boy

Anonymous said...

ok that house is ADOREABLE! You make me smile! ohhh i dont want to be entered into ur drawing...but NO i am not done either!

ANGIE said...

Not even close to being done. LOL

Noeleen said...

holy cow! you guys are blowing me away! i love the snowman on your house. everything amazing. i want to see the whole of the second layout:)

Sally Cranney said...

Love that darling little house! So fabulous!

I am not quite done with my Christmas shopping or my gift making for that matter. I'll just keep working a little each day.

ladyobie said...

Usually I am done, but this year I'm not even close yet.

Pammejo said...

Nice job

Melissa said...

I love the diamond glaze on the buttons on the house! Might have to use that idea on some presents I am still making! In other words - no I am not done my shopping or creating!