PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow & the Big Man Himself

We have been pounded with snow and cold temperatures this week. Jack has been dying to get out and throw some snowballs, so yesterday I spent about 10 minutes bundling him up and sent him out while Jeff was shoveling the driveway. He lasted all of about 3 minutes before he came in crying that he was cold!
Last night we had our ward Christmas party with milk and cookies. Jack sneaked away while we were watching the program and grabbed a few dozen cookies.
The primary kids did a little nativity scene - Makele is the little angel second from the right.
After the program, Santa stopped in for a visit. Makele was beside herself with excitement. She needed no prompting to run over there and see him. Jack was another story - there was nothing I could do to convince him to even go within 5 feet of Santa.
Little Aiden got in on the action too!
On Tuesday night, I finally started Aiden on solids. I have been putting it off for a couple of reasons. The first being that I have been too lazy to do put up with the mess and hassle of it all not to mention the delightful way the deposits in the diapers change. His pediatrician also said the new recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics is to start solids between 5-7 months. Not that I put too much stock in that - tomorrow they will change it back. I started both Jack and Makele on solids at 4 months and haven't had any problems.

Anyway, he did very well with it and slurped it right up. Let's hope he takes after his big brother and is a good eater. Jack used to hold his mouth open so wide when I fed him - like a little bird!
Yum, yum!
Make sure to stop back by tomorrow. We are doing another blog hop for Rusty Pickle - should be lots of fun (I hear there will be a few giveaways along the way too)!

4 comments:

PamSpradlin said...

Those yum-yum pictures are the cutest

Heidi E. said...

Im loving all the new pics.. You have to help me with how to customize my blog.. I should have had you show me at the retreat.. Oh Yeah.. I still need to send you that texture.. I keep forgetting ♥

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

OMG ADORABLE!! I was smiling all the way through!

Sarah Louise said...

Oh what beautiful photos Brenda, your kids are sooo cute.