PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cousins

My niece and nephew are spending the week with my sisters and me. Yesterday morning they came over to spend a couple of days here. We went to the Ogden Nature Center with Taryn, Dustin and Laney.

Posing in front of Einstein the pelican:
Chasing a wild turkey:
Jack on top of the lookout peering through the viewfinder:
Having a little drink break (Tia, they told me you let them drink Dr. Pepper and Pepsi - did they pull a fast one on me? ;))
My niece Kylie works at the nature center a couple days a week. She told us about this raven that talks. I had no idea they could talk. When we were approaching his cage we could hear him saying, "hi, hi." Once we got in front of him though, I think he was a little overwhelmed by all the kids trying to get him to say something because he didn't speak another word. The sign on his cage said that ravens are actually very intelligent. I guess that explains Poe's raven saying, "nevermore!"
They had this cute owl:
Afterward, we went to McDonalds where the kids loaded up on happy meals and ice cream:
Last night we all went to see Jack play his last t-ball game. He has loved it so much and will miss it. He has gotten so good at hitting it hard and going after balls in the field. Jeff couldn't be prouder of his little athlete! Every time he'd hit a good one, Jeff would look back at me and just grin like, "that's my boy!" Ha, ha!
Kylie and Shawna came to watch Jack and after Kylie came home with us to sleepover. Today we went to the splash pad. Tanner told all the kids to pile up on him and this was the result:
Aiden wasn't too impressed with the water!
Tanner wasn't too impressed either. I couldn't convince him to change into his swim trunks before we left. When we got there he told me the one in St. George is better - lol!
Taryn took the girls to do a little shopping after. Chloe and Makele picked up these matching dogs:
Notice the pink streaks in their hair? That was courtesy of Kylie who put them in all of the kids' hair including Tanner, Jack and Dustin. She somehow missed her own hair though since she had an orthodontist appointment to go to. ;)

Alright, that's it for now. I better get my hind end down to the grocery store. I now know what my dad meant when he said, "we ran a cow in through the front door and threw the tail out the back!" Having 6 kids in the house pretty much drained any kind of food storage I had! Shows how prepared I am for an emergency!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Tia said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! Tanner is a little punk sometimes about doing things he won't really play in the splash pad down here much anymore either. BTW I do let my kids drink mountain dew and pepsi in my defense they hardly ever have it and I'm just glad Chloe didn't ask for a Mountain Dew! haha

Tia said...

I mean I let them drink Dr. Pepper not Mountain Dew!

Heidi E. said...

Such fun pictures.. Thanks for sharing.

Jess Allen said...

I LOVE that picture of the cousins piled up on top of each other. So cute!!!