PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Friday, January 16, 2009

A Scrapbook Page......Finally!

I just sent Makele off to school an hour ago, and Grandma and Grandpa Neuberger will be picking her up to spend the long weekend with them - I might actually be able to get some things accomplished! They are so sweet to drive up here all the way from Sandy to get her. She has been looking forward to this all week and asking me "how many days till I go to Grandma's?" So it's just Jack and me. I think he's bored with me already! He just barely came over and started pressing all the keys on the keyboard - little punk!

Last week I finally felt up to scrapbooking again. I printed these pictures a looooong time ago, but hadn't scrapped them until now. The photos were taken in the fall of 2007 when Jack and I went on a hike with Taryn and Dustin. I typed the words to my favorite poem, "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost over the large photo before printing (click on the photo for a larger version of the layout):
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


The papers are really beautiful in person - they have a subtle glitter on them that didn't show up in the photos.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill (Swiss Dot); Patterned Paper, Rub-ons, Dragonflies: My Mind's Eye Laundry Line; Alpha Stickers, Trim, Buttons: Rusty Pickle; Ink: Tsukineko.

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Not to be technical or anything, but it was actually the fall of 2007. Dustin wasn't around in
2006.

Heidi E. said...

Very cute... Love the journaling on the picture..

Brenda said...

Yea, Yea, Taryn - I really knew that, just seeing if you were reading this or not!