PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jack's Graduation

Today was the big day, Jack's preschool graduation. Even though I threatened, bribed and pretty much got down on my knees and begged him beforehand, he still managed to be the free spirit that he is throughout the whole "ceremony."

They all walked in with their sunshines they made (notice Jack's is turned around). They sang a little song with them where they were supposed to move them up and down in front of their face. Jack preferred to stay hidden the whole time.
After that, they showed us the sign language they have been learning. Of course, Jack couldn't be bothered to participate, even though this afternoon when I asked him what they were, he did them for me. All the preschoolers left the room and came back one by one to recite a poem and play a piano solo. Jack came in, plopped down on the floor and pretty much blabbered through his poem.
He did pretty good on his song though, I have to admit. I was surprised because I had no idea he was going to do this.
Typical:
At the end they all put on their cute graduation hats that they had made. Geez, who's that kid in the red shirt that won't put on his hat? Don't his parents teach him anything?
Afterwards, the kids got ice cream (of course Makele thought this to be extremely unjust that she didn't get any, so we had to stop on the way home to cater to the princess).

Jack's teacher, Ms. Hill, has been so good to him this year. One time he was telling her about his Mario game. She told him her little brother just got a new Mario game and brought it over to her house to play it. Jack immediately said, "can I come to your house to play it?" He also has invited her over to his house to play Mario Kart.
Jack, Daddy & Aiden (notice how Aiden is keeping a close eye on that ice cream?):
Jack and Makele:
I know Jack gets nervous in front of people (who doesn't?), so he tends to act a little crazy, but it really was a cute program. We couldn't be prouder!

Next up: all day kindergarten in the fall. I can't decide whether to he extremely happy about that or totally bummed out that my little buddy will be gone to school all day! I think I'm slightly leaning toward extremely happy...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Hmmm I think I would go with extremely happy all the way!

Tia said...

Looks like a very entertaining program. Way to go Jack-and yay for all day Kindergarten! By the way Makele looked so cute and so grown up in her pictures for her dance recital.

Cami said...

Your kids are too cute!r

Jess Allen said...

Way to go Jack!

LivE said...

hey bren! i just linked up to your blog today, can you believe it? ah man, so sorry for the delay; you know how crazy life has been. LOL.

your blog is awesome! it will be wonderful for everyone to pass by during our bloghop! xox, liv