PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yankee Meadow

Anyone that knows me and knows me well knows that I just adore camping. So when my whole family planned yet another trip to the mountains, this time to Yankee Meadow in southern Utah, I could hardly contain myself (Someone really needs to invent an emoticon for sarcasm, because I don't think it's coming across here)!

I have to admit it was a good camping trip once we got past Jeff running into the back of someone at an Arby's drive up, me being pulled over (I charmed my way out of a ticket) and it pouring rain and hailing for the first hour we arrived in camp. I mean seriously, things had to go better after that, right?

My whole family was there minus two of my brothers and sister-in-law. They were nice enough to send their camper and 3 kids with us though. By some miracle I actually got a picture with every kid looking at the camera with at least half a smile on his or her face (Aiden and Laney are the exception here - hey, nothing's perfect)! These are all 11 cousins - LtoR - Dawson, Dustin, Chloe, Dakoda, Makele, Brinlynn, Jack, Tanner, Laney, Kylie and Aiden.
Laney and Aiden in their red thermals -
Some people go plain nuts in the woods. My sisters and niece are 3 of those people. They decided they didn't stink enough so they went for a jog for a little sweatin' action.
I actually have some gorgeous shots of someone-who-shall-not-be-named doing yoga. I was made to promise not to post them on Facebook, but no one ever said anything about a blog! So without further ado, here they are...










Gotcha! I'll keep those under wraps until I need them - he, he, he...

Grandma was the most popular with the kids -
My brother, Landon, was the master whittler and bow maker. He made the kids bows and arrows which Makele absolutely loved and was so pleased with.

Chloe showing off her mad skills -
It was pretty funny seeing Jack and Dustin stand two feet apart and try to hit a ball to each other!
The fishing was a huge disappointment, although Landon said he wasn't really trying - ha, ha! Although I do think it's a little hard to catch anything when you have 50 kids running around throwing rocks in the water!
Would it be too much to ask for Jack to actually be serious for a picture?Aiden was so good the whole time - here he is with Aunt Tia -
How cute is this little girl? And such a crack up too! My niece Kylie took this photo of little Brinlynn.And finally, what would camping be without burnt marshmallows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, I can accept this picture of us walking, but not the yoga one...it's a promise, right?!?!?