PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Expo

I taught at the expo in Sandy, Utah over the weekend. My classes went well - I was a bit nervous about them because this is the first time these particular four were taught. It's always a pain to break in a new class with time limits and such. Utah is such a different show than all the other ones. Since a good portion of the scrapbook manufacturers are based in Utah, most of them come to the show to get rid of their overstock. Booths line the walls and down the middle of the huge expo center. Tables are set up in the middle of all this where scrapbookers can crop the day and night away (it goes until midnight on Friday night instead of the usual 6:00 at other shows). Another big difference I noticed is all the kids and babies! At other shows, you very rarely see children, but at this one the whole clan comes!
Some of the Rusty Pickle girls got some tables by the booth and scrapbooked. Here is Nanette, Alaina (she worked in the booth - can't believe I actually caught her sitting down) and Tasha (who just happens to be at the hospital having her baby right now as I type).Here is Tricia and Gretchen - just look at all those scrapbookers (and this was less than 1/4 of the tables set up)!
They had different contests and activities going on throughout the day - here is Tricia and Gretchen doing the Chicken Dance.
I had some time to scrapbook after I worked in the booth Friday night. If you look closely on that last picture, on the bottom left-hand corner, you can see my layout I started working on - yep, that's about all I got done on it too! Too many distractions, I tell ya!

No comments: